Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

I predicted and wanted right for a change.

Welll its official and the "X" is here.

Looks at If I guessed and wanted correctly. Its a large scale touring car. Exacly what I have been asking for in those "what should Traxxas make next" threads.

Lets get it in stock and so I can get it on order even at a $1100 MSRP.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 11-30-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Competitor
    I thought you predicted a 1/5 scale SC Truck?? 100mph on road car, what the?? Perfect release date, just in time for Christmas 2012. $1100 MSRP means $600 street price if I remember right
    RUSH ²ıı² -Made in Taiwan, made faster in America

i'm thinking price is going to be real close that 1099 maybe around 800
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH2112RUSH View Post
    I thought you predicted a 1/5 scale SC Truck?? 100mph on road car, what the?? Perfect release date, just in time for Christmas 2012. $1100 MSRP means $600 street price if I remember right
    I predicted either a 1/5 scale something (buggy/SCT) or a touring car. Leaning my guess toward the 1/5 scale but hoping on the touring car. A 1/7 scale touring car sits more than fine with me. That should be right about on with street price, I'd say $600-$650. Traxxas models are usually 50-60% of MSRP depending on the model and retailer. $800 maybe in CA.
    Last edited by OCD RC; 11-30-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    Great looking car, but expensive. Interesting that they used the Slash 4x4 driveline and suspension. The new transmitter with docking station looks awesome.

RC Champion
    Looks sick!!!!!! I want one so bad, but I can't afford one, nor do I have a suitable place to run it!

I think its a modified slash drive-train. With its "cush". But that thing is siiiiiccckk! I too have been wanting a touring car. Lije they saw the rusty guys hitn 100mph and saw that trend. Using the "same" power system. Good thing i didnt buy the elecs for my rusty yet, cuz im gonna get a 1/10 and go for this bad boy!

I have an extra ipod touch waitn to go for this thing. If net is needed i got an iphone thatl look slick on there too. I dont know about u guys, but im stoked for this ride. Except now it makes my 100mph rusty build, a bit obsolete. Its gonna be awesom though and im pickn one up asap. I can picture the bodies that are going to be released for it *cough,cough*. Saleen S7 *cough*.

Im pretty sure retail wil be more like 930. Hope not evenclose. But their suggested retails up there. Im gonna get one asap though. I know that much.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 11-30-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Fyi this is not a touring car nor can even compete in the same class.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

And almost forgot. Eat it Schumacher. You're nitro fusion isn't the fastest Rtr anymore hahaha.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Competitor
    I can see the lawsuits now...... first the lipo fires, second the 90mph crash into a crowd of people. Get your lawyers on retainer Traxxas, you're gonna need 'em. Kick butt car though, I'll sign a "release" if you get them to California first and in my garage second.
    RUSH ²ıı² -Made in Taiwan, made faster in America

RC Qualifier
    simple said between me and the boyfriend JESUS!!!! i got to go find my jaw....
    press the any key... where is the any key....

RC Competitor
    Totally amazing new R/C vehicle. But two points about it that are a big no no. Boo Traxxas!!
    1: Right out of the box you need to download software to get the 100mph. That is not the right thing to do.
    2: You must have an Iphone, or Ipod. BOO! Traxxas!

Other than those two things you HAVE raised the bar for every other R/C company out there.

Taken from product page:*Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately).
    Last edited by brushless-POWAH; 11-30-2011 at 05:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Whoa. It's great they utilized the drivetrain from the slash 4x4.
    Is this the only vehicle they are releasing? No doubt a few weeks after they'll do a re release on this semi-new chassis with tuned down versions of it. Yay they listened to Cooleocool
    99%er

RC Champion
    Looks cool and some innovative stuff, the ipod/iphone thing is a little stupid IMO. Pretty much forces you to buy it if you want tuning capability, and I have neither of them.

That's funny absoloot1. First thing I thought of when I saw this car is how upset the guys will be when this thing fly's past there speed rustys with ease. Looks pretty cool, the BB Castle Motor But where I live I don't think I could run it with it's size, and I wont buy a iphone/ipod so I don't see my self getting one. Maybe in the future, no time soon.
    1/10 Rally x2/P4de/P2de/Rustler/Sl4sh MT

RC Qualifier
    My questions is so how fast will it go if you dont have an iphone or itouch to unlock the speed limiter? I do like the looks of the new radio too but the looks remind me of a radio thats already out.
    3-2wd Stampedes

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Fyi this is not a touring car nor can even compete in the same class.
    This. I would be interested to see how it handles

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpbowtech View Post
    My questions is so how fast will it go if you dont have an iphone or itouch to unlock the speed limiter? I do like the looks of the new radio too but the looks remind me of a radio thats already out.
    I read about it, and Traxxas says it wil do 50+ mph right out of the box, still very fast
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    This thing is really cool. I think the new technology has raised the bar. I am still dissapointed to see that traxxas is releasing a road car, I was hoping for a 1\5 scale off road or a short course buggy. Oh well the future may still bring some surprises.

RC poster
    short course is not a sport, nor is it a hobby. It's a lifestyle and I am addicted to it, give me more!!!!!

RC Racer
    I really think Traxxas doesnt listen to what people want. Yes the car is impressive but where in the heck are you ever going to use it ? First you have to buy the car for a ridiculous price, then you have to go and buy a I-Phone and the app just to use the car to its full potential. Then you have to go and rent the Texas speedway just to run it !
    I beleive your average RC person is basher and prefers off road to on road . You sure arent going to run that on any paved road, it would have to be a perfectly flat piece of pavement. I just dont get it, why doesnt Traxxas give people want they want ?

It is false advertising when you proclaim in HUGE fonts in the adds, and video 100+ mph and then in tiny print at the bottom put *Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

So it is not a 100mph car unless you have a crapple phone and pay EXTRA money for a non included application

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless-POWAH View Post
    Totally amazing new R/C vehicle. But two points about it that are a big no no. Boo Traxxas!!
    1: Right out of the box you need to download software to get the 100mph. That is not the right thing to do.
    2: You must have an Iphone, or Ipod. BOO! Traxxas!

Other than those two things you HAVE raised the bar for every other R/C company out there.

Taken from product page:*Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately).
    Dido.They should have left it fully unlocked right out the box.I guess they expect everyone who buys this will have a iphone.If it had been made like a spektrum dx3/pro with a screen & sd card slot for the app & updating,that would be much better & easier.Guess they wanted to skimp on the new radio a bit.I want the cvds & mamba system in it lol

RC Qualifier
    Love it!! Getting one ASAP. Traxxas you rock. I am not fit to be in your presence.

Can you tell I am stoked? I love everything about it. I have an iPhone and a good Lott to use it in. And anyone who thinks that it can only be unlocked by iPhone shouldn't worry. Everything is hackable and I bet traxxas wouldn't do that to us anyway!!

Now, does anyone want to buy my first born son so that I can buy one? that's how much I want one.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LS6454 View Post
    I really think Traxxas doesnt listen to what people want. Yes the car is impressive but where in the heck are you ever going to use it ? First you have to buy the car for a ridiculous price, then you have to go and buy a I-Phone and the app just to use the car to its full potential. Then you have to go and rent the Texas speedway just to run it !
    I beleive your average RC person is basher and prefers off road to on road . You sure arent going to run that on any paved road, it would have to be a perfectly flat piece of pavement. I just dont get it, why doesnt Traxxas give people want they want ?

It is false advertising when you proclaim in HUGE fonts in the adds, and video 100+ mph and then in tiny print at the bottom put *Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

So it is not a 100mph car unless you have a crapple phone and pay EXTRA money for a non included application
    +1. You're sooo right. No-one can use this.
    And we were told that there 7 new traxxas models coming, that leaves 6, where are they??? Better be off-road.

EDIT: just had a thought. I think this could be much better if used with 4S.
    Last edited by slash116vxl; 11-30-2011 at 10:31 AM.

genXrated
    Over-priced curb/wallet killer. And why just Apple support? Cuz you know, EVERYONE owns an iPhone - not.
    I was really hoping for something big to compete w/ the newer 1/5 sc stuff. Or a snowmobile. I'll never stop hoping someday vendors get into them.

RC Qualifier
    It's exactly what I have been waiting for so it's ticked every one of my boxes. Yay!!
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

RC Racer
    Sorry my money is going elsewhere !

RC Qualifier
    I want it, because it's cool. But probably won't buy it. The transmitter is cool, still like my 3PKS though. Wonder how well the telemetry will work? Loving the power combo, wonder exactly what's changed from the MMM to the new MME. Liking the stock CVD's, but was hoping for a stronger diff design, like other companies 6-spider 1/8 scale diffs. The Cush Drive "slipper" looks interesting.

I rarely run onroad, and definitely don't have easy access to a lot large enough to use the thing to it's full potential.

I'm hoping Traxxas will release off road versions, Monster Truck and Short Course mainly, soon. Although to support MT tires, on a vehicle that big, shipping with 6s Lipo, it would definitely need a revised diff design.

Loving the belted tires, at 4.3" tall, seems like they would be perfect for the onroad Slash/Pede/Rusty guys, but still too short for a Revo trying to break the speed record.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

iOS apps and products have rigorous standards and there is only 1 verison. There are many different versions of android that all work a bit differently and then with the OS update they are easily and somewhat regularly broken. The logistics and troubleshooting would be horrendous. Everybody would call us when the app that works perfectly on one phone does not work on another with a slightly different version of the OS. For how hard people search for the cheapest place to buy all our products I am surprised that nobody has bothered to mentioned the same thing about iOS used products. It does not take much searching or a lot of money to get something that will work.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

People have been asking for this car. Its a super clean layout and the very first RC car that aerodynamic was design into it. As for the iPhone thing to hit 100mph so what. If you can afford this car you most likely can afford the phone. I wish it would support use android users. Look at all the countless speed builds using the rustler. Customizing chassis, running high voltage lipos and 1/8 scale brushless systems and custom bodies just to name a few. You probably spent more on the rustler in the long run to not even hit 100mph then this car right out of the box. Plus this car will do 100mph planted. Now can you get around the governor without using a iPhone by using castle link? It is a monster Mamba Max and should still be compatible with castle link.