RC Qualifier

Lunsford hinge pins + PE alloy hubs/castor blocks

I bought a full Lunsford set for my Slash a while back and I have 2 spare hinge pins. I cannot for the life if me work out where they go. I had 4 long and 4 short ones. Obviously the long ones go where the a arms meet the diff housing and 2 of the short ones go on the outside of the rear a arm/hub carrier assembly but where do the last 2 go? I can't work out if they go in the front a arm/castor blocks or not. I can't see how they could possibly go in. If I put them in place of the hex screw I can only get 1 clip on and they will simply fall out. I'll attach a pic so you know what I mean.

Also, do the Lunsford pins work ok with the alloy hubs/blocks that come on the PE Slash? I've been looking at getting a full set soon.

Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC Qualifier
    There are three different sizes in that kit. The four long ones mount all the control arms to the chassis. The 2 medium ones mount the castor blocks to the front and the 2 short ones mount the hubs in the back. I have this same kit plus the toe links. Oh and yes they work fine with the aluminum hubs and casters.
    Last edited by Sierravmax; 11-30-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm, might have to do a partial disassembly and see if I've got my wires crossed.
    Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC Qualifier
    I turns out I had the medium pins at the rear so I swapped them but instill can't work out how the others go in. They can't go through the a arm to the castor block as it doesn't exit the other side. Care to post pics for me cos I'm still stumped.
    Slash 4x4
    Spartan
    Stampede
    Rustler x 3

RC poster
    Troy711, I'm looking to buy the lunsford hingepins to avoid the fronts backing out but I see the same problem you mention here, did you ever resolve this? Anyone have any ideas?