Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Hey guys, been tied up lately with the 5th scales, the 5ive is full of sickenss, anyway wanted to update a couple of things, the RD Racing Carriers Rock!! The truck is loving the 23mm hubs and the 40 series Trenchers, so been using it mostly at night under the lights during quite hours, lol here's the thing, I was out a while back and heard the I'm not happy slipper clutch sound. Found 2 missing pads, no biggy, repaired it and tightened it down nice with very little play, got a set through it and it spun a slipper again, found the spru gear had did some melting around the bearing and 2 pads were gone again. So this is my fix, Wondering if anyone has tried out this setup and what your thoughts were. My plastic gear is a 62, this is 65, do you guys think I should keep the pinion the same for now and or drop down, I'm running 6s and heat has not been close to an issue, 115 is the hottest I've got it, but it's been cold out too. Dudes I love this truck, this and the Flux are a fun pair to beat on. Sorry for not supporting other threads lately, I've really been spending most of my free time on the 5th scale forums, lots of new tricks to learn. lol And it's sled season, I'm leaving for the camp shortly for the weekend and taking trucks too. Here is a link to my You Tube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/almorancy?feature=mhee Plenty of stuff there about stuff we don't talk about here. Drop off a comment if your board, the new sled is sick if you're into that stuff, you can go for a ride with me too. It's a cam in my GPS so the quality isn't great but you get the feel, lol I was launching it off some jumps and they came out ok. Thanks for any thoughts on the new slipper setup. Peace Brothers.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion

Braces.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxasandme View Post
    What alloy piece over the shocks? can I see a pic of it? And ill probably make my chassis braces out of the traxxas pushrod unless there is an advantage to the hpi savage ones.
    Hey man sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the piece I made out of an old motor brace, any push rod will do the trick if it's rugged and has some adjustment to it.

Hope this was of some help to someone.

RC Racer
    Hey Al, That neat little stand on your workbench. Is that bought or what did you make it out of?

RC Competitor
    May have to look into those hubs. And nice brace mods as well. Good overall build i know your having fun with it. Did you go with the Trencher X series or the normal 40 series ones? Been looking at those myself for a while now.

RC Champion
    PM you some details man.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudweiser View Post
    May have to look into those hubs. And nice brace mods as well. Good overall build i know your having fun with it. Did you go with the Trencher X series or the normal 40 series ones? Been looking at those myself for a while now.
    Mud, those are normal 40's, they got me eating slippers but I got the RR HD duel slipper and steel gear to take care of that once and for all. They only make it in a 65 right now, at least that's all i could find, it's a new product, I'm sure more sizes are on the way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Hey guys, been tied up lately with the 5th scales, the 5ive is full of sickenss, anyway wanted to update a couple of things, the RD Racing Carriers Rock!! The truck is loving the 23mm hubs and the 40 series Trenchers, so been using it mostly at night under the lights during quite hours, lol here's the thing, I was out a while back and heard the I'm not happy slipper clutch sound. Found 2 missing pads, no biggy, repaired it and tightened it down nice with very little play, got a set through it and it spun a slipper again, found the spru gear had did some melting around the bearing and 2 pads were gone again. So this is my fix, Wondering if anyone has tried out this setup and what your thoughts were. My plastic gear is a 62, this is 65, do you guys think I should keep the pinion the same for now and or drop down, I'm running 6s and heat has not been close to an issue, 115 is the hottest I've got it, but it's been cold out too. Dudes I love this truck, this and the Flux are a fun pair to beat on. Sorry for not supporting other threads lately, I've really been spending most of my free time on the 5th scale forums, lots of new tricks to learn. lol And it's sled season, I'm leaving for the camp shortly for the weekend and taking trucks too. Here is a link to my You Tube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/almorancy?feature=mhee Plenty of stuff there about stuff we don't talk about here. Drop off a comment if your board, the new sled is sick if you're into that stuff, you can go for a ride with me too. It's a cam in my GPS so the quality isn't great but you get the feel, lol I was launching it off some jumps and they came out ok. Thanks for any thoughts on the new slipper setup. Peace Brothers.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This thing rocks, anyone tried it out yet? Worth every penny.

RC Champion
    Here is the good news, that slipper as nice as it is, is for a Tmaxx, lol the new one is a RR Gen 3 here is a video of it, sweet slipper setup, finally done messing with the slipper on this thing, bashed it to death today and it loved it.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Al Morancy;5033859]Hey man sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the piece I made out of an old motor brace, any push rod will do the trick if it's rugged and has some adjustment to it.

What push rod will work I took my factory ones off and now use the steel ones the take offs are to long
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Brewers74;5052448]
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    Hey man sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the piece I made out of an old motor brace, any push rod will do the trick if it's rugged and has some adjustment to it.

What push rod will work I took my factory ones off and now use the steel ones the take offs are to long
    Brew Man, I'm using a set of HPI rod ends that came off the back of the XL when I put on the HD Carriers, Just cut the rod down some to fit bro, just cut off what you need to keep maximum amount of rod in the link. oh yea a trx rod end won't do the trick sorry, maybe I should make up a bunch of them and sell them on here for cheap, I could even make the part for the rear shock tower, how much do you want to spend for the setup. lol no really, I'll see what the parts cost, look into the bulk discount and see if it's worth it. I can one off you a set for 25 bucks shipped. let me know if you just need the rods and toe links I can hook you up with them too.

RC Qualifier
    Let me see what I can come up with gonna run down to the LHS see what various tow links he has they stock all Traxxas & Losi parts has a few HPI parts...ill get back with you if I can't come up with something
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Champion
    I put the alloy bottom plate on the chassis from GH, man that is way more than a piece of bling, this thing adds beef man, well worth the money, so we got the top and bottom reinforced, we'll see how it holds up off some jumps while spooled up. lol, big air videos coming, the end result may not be pretty but it's going to get put to the test. Later bros.