Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

Al's ERBE Build.

I did the conversion and love it so I came across a semi roller for short money new. On Thursday the MMM, Tranny, servos and steel wheel axles will be here, oh yea and a body. The red and black one. I'm a true track guy and have had good luck with RPM carriers but this came with a set of white dyeable RPM arms, though about leaving them white or maybe red but my question for you guys is what wheel carriers are you guys using? Was thinking about an alloy carrier like the tekno or should I just stay with RPM? I have plenty of stockers on hand so I can leave them alone too for now. Here is the starting point and more to follow, thanks for any input or suggestions.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Qualifier
    I bought my ol lady a ERBE and everything stock. It has seen some pretty nasty crashes and nothing broke yet. I say stay stock until you break one. Heck, I even run stock on my nitro with red dot and still haven't broke one.
    Red dot revo rustler with 3.3 neu/MMP mini revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like stock. If you go rpm, be sure to transfer the rings from a stocker too.

RC Champion
    The stock carriers are one of the best parts on the revo. The only reason to change them would be if you wanted a different look (aluminum) or wanted to literally bullet proof the part with the Tekno carriers.
    RPM carriers don't have the strong reinforced ring like the stock carriers have around the pillow ball holes.

They are the one thing on my truck that i have put through the ringer and back... and are still working great.

*** if your stock pillow ball caps get loose inside the carriers on jumps or wipe outs, take some white teflon tape and wrap them 3-4 times. ***

I like the work space....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    Perfect Advise, I put the RPM arms and the stock carriers were in tough shape, beat so I put some of my newer stock carriers with soem newer bearing in it, rebuilt the rear diff, I knew I had to to do that and stuck a pair of spare steel axles in it so now its half a roller. I put 30K in the rear and was going to run 50K up front, do you setup these like a nitro? What are you guy running in the diffs?

Thanks for the great replies.

I went to 120K F&R.. Just depends really on your driving.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I went to 120K F&R.. Just depends really on your driving.
    Wow no kidding, thanks, my buddy Insanity brought up chassis braces, I didn't get any with it, are they a stock feature or an add on? I put new stock carriers on it last night and the 2 steel shafts I had in stock with the white RPM arms, then I read something here about batteries not fitting and I checked mine, the Venom 5000 35c fit, they are tight but they fit, I didn't have to force them in anyway. I'm a basher so would you think 100k front and rear would be a good starting point? Thanks for your help 87. Last nights progress.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...922029-SumRevo

post 19 I put 700k in I should have let a the bubbles come out. Thick stuff.

RC Champion
    hey that truck looks familliar :P lol looking good bro
    Nitro rustler 2.5 x2, lrp revo,

RC Champion
    Making progress, Got some parts today. Was up late last night rebuilding the front diff with I bars and 100K, new carriers, put the RPM arms on and got it to the point of being a true roller, lol it rolls. The rest of the drive train goes in now and hoping the UPS guy shows up around 3 as usual with the MMM.

RC Champion
    Looks nice
    The arms look cool white !

RC Champion
    It's done for now, got rid of the blue bumpers and went black, front and rear chassis braces, 18/62 for now on 6s, we'll see how that works out, sounds nice and tight.

RC Champion
    Why didn't you thank me for complementing you on your build ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraduntov View Post
    Why didn't you thank me for complementing you on your build ?
    Sorry about that man, my bad, was rushing to get that post up cuz the wife on me to get out of the shop, lol, thanks man, I'm glad you like it, I don't know if the arms will stay white, they are made to be dyed. Thanks for calling me out, no need for bad manners.

RC Champion
    I'm just joking around
    The build does really look nice though !

RC Enthusiast
    I really like the white sets it off good with the matching wing. I'm stuck with the blue rpm's myself

RC Qualifier
    looks great! Just a word of caution. I bent my traxxas cvd's a lot when running RPM arms. I now run stock arms (and the extended in the rear) with LST2 diffs/shafts and I don't have problems any more.
    BL E-Revo-After 14months, its done!*
    (yeah right)

RC Racer
    Are the E-Revo and 3.3 revo have the same size arms? will LST2 shafts fit on the 3.3 revo?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mamba max1 View Post
    looks great! Just a word of caution. I bent my traxxas cvd's a lot when running RPM arms. I now run stock arms (and the extended in the rear) with LST2 diffs/shafts and I don't have problems any more.
    Wow that's interesting, did they bend from power or crashes, what are you running for carriers? This morning I tested it out and it ran great, rolled it and it hit the shed and snapped the rear tie rod connector on the carrier, my last spare left is on there now, I got a ton of rights but that's why I run true track on all my revo's and have never had issues, this thing came with the RPM arms separate, it was cold this morning too, I run all winter and that's when stuff breaks the most for me, I'm going alloy on carriers, I don't know what ones yet but the same issues with the RPM when cold too, that's when I pop out pivot balls, can bash the heck out of it all summer and half the crash will be a yard sale when it's cold, I bent a shaft on the conversion with RPM on it but it was off a jump, and I had a bad landing and chalked it up to that, now you got me wondering, I had 2 steel shafts in stock and a set on the way, maybe I'll leave the fronts stock like they are now for a while and see what happens. Any body got suggestions on alloy carriers? I thought about the tekno, GH must have some, I'll do some research, the studded tires will be on soon, wait till you see the track down back when the snow comes, banked up like Daytona, it's sick, lol LST2 is a losi part right? Thanks for the heads up MM1. Thanks for the kind words snownight, I got plenty of blue ones too. I like getting away from the blue on this one. If I dye them it will be red.

RC Champion
    RD Racing makes the best axle carriers out there for the revo . They are strong lightweight aluminum . I use them on two of my revos .
    RD Racing ..not RD logics .
    Check them out ..

RC Champion
    The LST2 shafts should work with all versions of the revo. If you plan to keep the stock differentials then you need to get 4 drive cups to put on the differentials.

The LST2 shafts require a bearing, hex, and hub modification so it's not for the faint of heart. It's not rocket science but you do need a step drill or a drill press.

RC Champion
    Thanks you guys, i'm all over those RD carriers, I think that will solve my issue for now, if I find myself tearing up shafts we'll move on to the next step. With the nitro revos 3 of them, all BB's, now one is a MMM conversion, all RPM true tracks I've only took out 2 steel axles, that's why I had the 2 spares I put on the E, got 4 more in the mail. This was great info, I wonder if it's more of an E issue. Either way we got fixes. Thanks again you guys.

These are on the way now,

We'll see how that bad boy likes the trenchers or the mashers their both mounted on 23mm wheels.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 12-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.

RC Champion
    you will love these carriers !!
    Also the hubs are top notch as well .

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraduntov View Post
    you will love these carriers !!
    Also the hubs are top notch as well .
    I'm sure you're right Z, thanks for the tip, had a busy day of non RC stuff and just got the first set of packs through it under the lights, all I can say is holy molly, I got to take a pic of my night time setup, lol the neighbors think I'm gone, got some chassis adjustments to make but I'm totally blown away with this thing, I can't wait to get a set of taped up trenchers on it, the conversion revo is a great rig but this guy handles so much better, I'm sure it has something to do with the balance, having a 4s & 2s stacked together can't help. Thanks for the help you guys. I'll get pics of the next night bash session.

RC Champion
    Put the dishes on it with the losi pins and did some bashing, it's a blast.

There are a bunch more on my bucket page and I got some video to load up on the tube, broke nothing, great day of bashing, had the nitro's out too. Awesome Day.
    Last edited by Al Morancy; 12-04-2011 at 06:16 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Love the color. My ERBE just came in - I also got the red.
    How do you like the 6s? I'm picking up some SPC batteries and I'm trying to decide between 5s and 6s. I won't be doing many speed runs, but I do like brutal power even if just bashing. haha

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    Love the color. My ERBE just came in - I also got the red.
    How do you like the 6s? I'm picking up some SPC batteries and I'm trying to decide between 5s and 6s. I won't be doing many speed runs, but I do like brutal power even if just bashing. haha
    Love the 6s, just dial back on the punch a bit and adjust the curve and it's a blast to drive, just put some Badlands on it with OFNA white dishes with a full offset, holy molly its wide, the Badlands will help me out on the grass and she should be pretty stable, we'll see if it stops raining.

RC Qualifier
    That is so wide! Its gonna be quite stable. I didn't even know full offset rims existed, other than the aluminum ones. Thanks for the info on the 6s lipos. Thats what I'm getting.

RC Champion
    Yea bro and now when the RD Racing Carriers come they'll be shown off and not hidden, lol I don't do to much for show I'm more about go but what the heck if you can see 100 bucks worth of nice black alloy carriers why not right, I think it stopped raining, I may just go test it now, got the back yard lit up like daytona.

RC Champion
    Got the RD Racing Carriers on last night and bashed till 11:00 pm, lol Under the lights, the beauty of electric, rear sway bar going on now. Boy I love this truck, with the badlands I can't believe how fast it is off the line, sick sick sick, try to get a video up later, do have a pic of the night time setup, lol

RC Champion
    I tore up the badlands pretty good, they were glued up real good and the tire took part of the ofna rim with it, they are off and the 23mm hubs and the 40series trenchers are on, it's nuts, loving the RD carriers and when I get the right bearings I'll swap over to the 8mm stub axles, RR slipper Gen 3, steel 17'tooth pinion and the MMM is a happy camper, good to see the forums back up

RC Champion
    Just put the alloy toe links on the front and rear, took out a stock one that came on the roller, may have been on the way out, it was used, looks good, just got in from night bashing, gotta love that. I love the conversion but hands down the Erevo is at the top of the list of sickness, made a few small adjustment on the castle link and the 6s is a blast, took out a little punch and added some brake drag and its just plain old sick, if I didn't get tired I would have stayed out there all night, its mild here right now. Really just want to wish my Brushless Brothers Merry Christmas!!! I hope the RC Santa is good to you all, in this hobby everyday is like Christmas, except we are buying stuff for ourselves, lol. Have a great holiday bro's.

RC Qualifier
    Now how did you manage to rip up the badlands? haha

Hope Santa gets you some new ones. Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    I tore up the badlands pretty good, they were glued up real good and the tire took part of the ofna rim with it, they are off and the 23mm hubs and the 40series trenchers are on, it's nuts, loving the RD carriers and when I get the right bearings I'll swap over to the 8mm stub axles, RR slipper Gen 3, steel 17'tooth pinion and the MMM is a happy camper, good to see the forums back up

RC Champion
    Dean, they were mounted to an OFNA full offset wheel and the tire was made for a traxxas bead, so the fit wasn't perfect to start with, but the sheer power of the E just busted up the bead, the glue held and parts of the wheel came off its self, no kidding, I reglued them and they are fine on the OFNA buggy I got with a Picco P3 in it, the full off set was nice too, lol at least the setup isn't junk just no good for the power of MMM 6s, lol Hey Merry Christmas man, I hope you all are Blessed by the RC Santa.

RC Champion
    The E is loving the 40 series Trenchers on the PL beadlocks, Glued too, Bashed it hard this weekend up north on a hard icey base with hard pack snow on top, she rode wheelies nice on it and hooked up great, love this truck, a wheel nut on the 23mm adapter came loose and sheared off a pin, I can take that any day. This thing rocks and the RD Racing Carriers are truly the best upgrade so far, actually I'm not planning any more upgrades to this thing, it's right in the zone now.

RC Racer
    What brand are your chassis braces I want some like that.
    That's me!

RC Racer
    What kind of chassis braces are those?
    That's me!

RC Champion
    Sorry dude, was away, they are the home made type, actually a push rod arm off the rear of a Savage that got alloy carriers. I can get you the part number if you need it, the rear alloy piece over the shocks is an old motor brace off a nitro, any flat stock will work, I taped the center hole 3mm, they work for sure, she takes a good beating.

RC Racer
    What alloy piece over the shocks? can I see a pic of it? And ill probably make my chassis braces out of the traxxas pushrod unless there is an advantage to the hpi savage ones.
    That's me!