RC Champion

Thinking about getting a Traxxas Spartan, need opinions

I was at my LHS yesterday and a guy there had a Traxxas Spartan and it looked sweet!

I have never owned a RC boat, but I have driven a few.

I have seen videos and I want this thing! What do you guys think? Is it a good beginner boat?

Hope you guys can help me out before I make my purchase, which will probably be in the Spring.

RC Qualifier
    it is a good first boat just stay with the packs it comes with until you have a little drive time under your belt i love my spartan
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Champion
    What kind of run time does the boat get with the stock batteries?

RC Qualifier
    about 10 min
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    I was a new Spartan owner last summer and I love the boat. I now own two of them.

RC Champion
    The Spartan is a terrific RTR boat and excellent Traxxas support...I own two original hulls and one upgraded version....You will really have alot of fun with the new Spartan.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    I never got the Spartan but I'm thinking about getting one tomorrow.

Are they any problems with it that need attention?

Also, if I run dual 2s or dual 3s lipos, how long will my run time be? Do I run the in parallel or series?

RC Qualifier
    i just got mine like 2 weeks ago and i LOVE it!!!! before it even hit the water i did the dual water inlet upgrade and i have on order the .187 cable so it will hold up better to 6s.i also put on the octura x442 i believe it is and whoa this thing flys across the water.if you can get one i suggest you get it.i have run mine on 4s spc 8200 mah 50c batteries and i haven't clocked the run time but it was a good time.and then i put in 2 spc 5400 mah 30c batteries and run time was less but whoa did it pick up alot of speed.i have read on here that the boats like the higher "c" rated batteries.and make sure you set yours up to lvc before you run lipos.is easy to do just follow the directions.the dual water pick up mod is kinda a must do from what i've read so i just did it so i didn't overheat anything.i bought the kit off ebay for 128.00 and it comes with everything you need.