RC Competitor

Best mid range computer radio

...that I can use with my Slayer Pro and my Proboat Miss Geico (Spektrum 3000)

I want a radio I can bind both the boat and Slayer pro to...reduce the amount of hardware to deal with.

Can I use any of the Spektrum 3 channel radios for both models?

I've also go a 27 mhz blackjack...guess I'm SOL on this boat without upgrading the receiver!!

Thanks

RC Champion
    The have the 4pk which can run both. But the 4pl, is about half the price with the same features. About 200 bucks. But your gonna need a second receiver.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Go Patriots!

RC Racer
    Traxxas 2.4 and receivers would work on both wouldn't they?
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking of picking up a Spektrum DX3C.....I know it will work with my Spektrum Marine receivers, but will it bind with my Slayer Pro ?

Just curious....

I've tried a couple...Spektrum dx3.0 (don't waste your money), Ko Propo Ex5-ur (good radio, good price, currently in my son's e-revo). My hands down favorite is my Futaba 3pm-x. Easy to use and have never, ever had a single issue with it.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    i have a spektrum dx3s about $250-$300 works on anything. receivers are about the same price as traxxas receivers. uses teh telemetry...keep track of temps, rpms, speed, battery voltage...etc. awesome radio...i love mine. easy bind, 10 model memory, choose them from a list. only bad thing is the screen isnt backlit....its easy to use....

RC Competitor
    thanks for the advice...

so let me fully understand this;in order to upgrade my radio I have to swap out my receiver as well, right?

For example, If I want to use a Spektrum radio, I'm ok with my boats since Proboat uses Spektrum receivers....
    As far as my Slayer is concerned, I need to change out the traaxas receiver, right??

I'm also assuming that the Spektrum dx3s will send signals to marine as well as surface receivers?

Thanks

The tx and rx need to be of the same make. A Traxxas rx will not work with a Spektrum tx. You will need to contact Spektrum for further questions regarding their product...on the Traxxas side the 2.4 tx will not work with the AM rx and vice versa. Also, the Traxxas 2.4 LINK tx will only work with the 2.4 LINK rx and not the normal 2.4 rx.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The tx and rx need to be of the same make. A Traxxas rx will not work with a Spektrum tx. You will need to contact Spektrum for further questions regarding their product...on the Traxxas side the 2.4 tx will not work with the AM rx and vice versa. Also, the Traxxas 2.4 LINK tx will only work with the 2.4 LINK rx and not the normal 2.4 rx.
    Ok....now I'm clear...Thanks!!!