RC poster

6 amp charger website & specifics

how come there is not any website for the traxxas 6amp charger and dose it come with a true lipo balencer

try amainhobbies they have it (not in stock) not sure about specs though and it should be a complete charger with lipo balancer built in. its blue from what the pic looks like.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx vs. emaxx View Post
    how come there is not any website for the traxxas 6amp charger and dose it come with a true lipo balencer
    The Traxxas TRA2933 EZ-Peak Plus 6-Amp Lipo/NiMH Battery Charger has not been released yet.
    It has a built in balancer.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    I beleive its available in dec.

RC Competitor
    Looks like Towers has it in stock.

its in the traxxas product page now under chargers to see the specs on it. tower has this at 103 with a bit much for it only having 6amps max but what can you say it has a excellent warranty through traxxas. looking at getting something a little cheaper in the future for lipo's not too sure though. nice charger though.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Just got mine last Friday. I'm pretty new to this stuff, just basic 9.6V NiCd's in the past. Seems to be working fine. Charged my son's 7.2v NiMH for his Grave Digger and I'm charging my two 8.4's today for my Emaxx. Lipo's coming after X-mas for it. Makes a weird noise when the fan first starts up for about 15-20 sec., like it's warming up/checking things?!? Charging at a low rate just to get them fully charged. Chris
    FLM EMBE, P4de "Digger", Slash MT, Rustler/P4de

Post a video (audio) of the "weird noise."

RC Qualifier
    I will try at lunch with my Iphone. It's like a GRR, pause, GRR pause, over and over, about 10 times, each time the fan seems to start to work then pause. At 20 sec, it's all fan, no issues after, sounds fine. Only does it at the first start up/plug in of the day. When I did the second battery, it didn't do it. So after it's done charging one of the batteries this morning, it might not do it this afternoon. Chris

Does it sound anything like this?

Note: this is NOT a Traxxas charger.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, exactly like that, especially the GRR sound and pause. Only does it when it sits for a while. If I use it to multiple batteries in a row, won't do it again. Reason I have posted a sound bite of it yet. Is that sound bad? Chris

This charger usually does it about 6 to 10 times in a row. Then it's fine until it sits. It did not do this when new. I attribute the sound to the fan going bad, but you should contact Traxxas Support and ask them what they think.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, it did it from the first time I plugged it in. I'll call and see what they say. Thanks!

The fan for my Mamba monster does the same thing. The bushings in the fan are dry or dirty. Since it is new, best thing is to contact Traxxas about it.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Champion
    It's an 80watt 3s max special, but it plugs into the wall!

RC poster
    Hi,
    I have just the same charger (but sold under an other name: SkyRC e6680) And i have just the same issue as you have, (only the first time i Charge a battery after plugging the charger in, 10sec, then fan stabilize an works just fine, no problem when the charge is done and then charge an other battery...
    Can jou please tell me if your problem is solved or if this is normal...