Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

burned plastic case nimh

i had a stock 300 mah nimh and just burned the plastic yestereday and i want to know if i can still use it. it have a thunder ac6 charge it at 2 amps and got to over 30degree celsius at like 10.28 volt. the esc and motor are not hot.

RC Champion
    if it got hot enough to melt the shrink wrap I would probably discard it.... You need to wait for your packs to be under 100 degrees F to run them after charging!
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    if it got hot enough to melt the shrink wrap I would probably discard it.... You need to wait for your packs to be under 100 degrees F to run them after charging!
    I agree if the pack got hot enough to damage the shrink wrap or the mentioned 300 I am sure the cells have suffered damage. I do not agree you need to let the pack cool after being charged in normal conditions with a healthy pack. The best time to run it and get he most performance out of it is right off the charger.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    I recently bought a 1/10 summit. i got about four runs on it and then one of the battery cells burned the plastic casing on the battery. Then i ran it again and it started smoking. Is there anyway i can replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas11 View Post
    I recently bought a 1/10 summit. i got about four runs on it and then one of the battery cells burned the plastic casing on the battery. Then i ran it again and it started smoking. Is there anyway i can replace it?
    That sounds like it is pretty new so I would suggest calling Traxxas tech support, they may replace it for you under warranty.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power