RC poster

5 Series battery not lasting long

How long do these batteries last in a Rustler XL-5. My Rustler which is less then a month old will go 12mins average on the 3000MAH that came with it. So I bought the 5000MAH one from Traxxas hopping to get more run time out of it. But so far with 2 runs on the 5 Series battery I have only gotten just about 15 mins each run. Is this normal or do I possibly have a bad battery pack. For charging I use the Traxxas EZ Peak quick charger #2930 and I keep a good eye on it to make sure it gets charged according to the charging and make sure that I dont leave it on there to long after.

RC Champion
    A 3000 sounds about right with 15min of run time. Then a 5000 should be getting at least 20-25min.

Your charger Charges at 4 amps. I like mine to slow charge at 2 amps

RC poster
    Well just ran the 5000MaH again, worst time so far at 9 minutes. I am gonna charge it on the stock charger that came with my car and see if that helps, but if I am still having problems I am thinking its a bad battery. I am still kinda new to this hobby, so any help is much appreciated.

RC Champion
    well maybe you should try a full discharge one time and a full charge..

Always let the battery cool before and after charging and as soon as you start to notice your truck isn't running as fast as it should... thats when youre ready for a cool down and recharge (only do a full discharge once every month or so depending on how much you use the battery and how the performance feels)

after that you should always keep them fully charged when not in use and wrapped up in a bag in the fridge after letting them cool at room temp..

I messed up my first pair of nimhs because I was unaware of these simple rules..

hope you see an increase in runtimes
    Last edited by GULLY; 02-06-2012 at 06:14 PM.

RC Champion
    through a couple of cycles you should see increased run time. Just keep running it and tell us what happens after about another 5 runs
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL