RC Champion

Question how could you make a boost chip?

okay nitros have nitriuos so what about electric

what i was thinking was hook up two batts in parallel to the esc and hooked up in series to the chip
    and the chip would be controled by the channel 3 and when its switched on it delivers the series voltage straight to the motor for 5-10 seconeds
    but i don't know how to make it or what to do

but it would have to be brushed setup like the xl2.5 cars

FYI, nitrous does not work on nitro RC engines. Much like the superchargers do not either.
    The Super Derecho

Steps for simplest method:
    1. Get brushless
    2. Pull trigger farther

What you are suggesting is much more complex, expensive, and prone to failure than the above.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    i agree those burst of power wouldn't be friendly to the esc plus idk where your going to fit 4 batteries in a mini.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Champion
    oh ah
    i was figuring to hook up the to batt's in parallel to the esc and hook the same batts in series to a servo switch and that sevo switch would go inbetween(or intercept) the esc and the motor and swtich between the series votage and the control of the esc for the motor

sorry if i wasent clear had to rush again

RC Champion
    even if you hook it up to series packs then cruise along at about half speed. then just hit full throttle you should be very happy with the results. or just get a radio system with throttle curve.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I think this is possible:

Two batteries in the chassis
    The second servo slot can be used for the "boost" servo
    The boost servo operating a switch to connect the second battery in series

You would need to find/create a servo operated switch
    You would need a 3 channel Tx

*I am not to sure this is safe for LiPo (it could be, but I don't want to put any brain power into it right now)
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    a friend of mine did something like this a looooong time ago on an old stampede. he wired up a servo driven contact switch, and put 2 extra cells on board, wired it up so when he flipped the switch it would make contact to the other 2 cells. so with the switch off, it was running 7.2 volts and with the switch on it was running 9.6 volts. it was actually pretty cool. he could be cruising along at top speed, hit the switch and pull an instant wheelie.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    IMO this is a bad idea... if you have that kind of technological understanding and are that concerned about speed your probably already running the fastest setup you can... putting in some kind of over voltage system is just going to fry something. even if its just for a few seconds. The complexity, cost and weight are all prohibitive factors. You'd be better to just get a brushless system and a radio with dual rate adjustment... program the dual rate to %50 and have a switch set to %100... that will effectively limit your throttle to %50 (or whatever you choose) and flipping the switch will give you %100 throttle. Same idea, different method and you won't be hurting anything.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ