RC Competitor

Unhappy Rustler handling/ racing upgrades!

I am tired of messing up so much at the track and losing races with my 7 year old brother with a grinder who can't tie his own shoes and my 11 year old cousin with a 1/16 erevo with no experience, help! upgrade suggestions or new car suggestions?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you would want a sct take a look at the slash 4x4.

RC Competitor
    Slash I dream of it. Need more money in the budget.

RC Qualifier
    You could use the strc lcg kit to convert the rustler into a slash

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Ya. The LCG is what all the slash guys do. Two things.

Strc lcg kit.
    Protrac kit. Ul kill em.

But whats the motors? The types of trucks dont matter if u got a xl5 and they have vxls.. What systems they running. Also what battery.

You can have a great truck with a couple.things, and a slash in no time. Also pay attention to ur tires. If ur running stock tires on stock tires their talins wil outgrip yours on tracks possibly. Can u give more detail? Pic would be good.

RC Competitor
    My rustler vxls tires are now officially street slicks. The only real upgrade i got are slash progressive shocks, kimbrough 124 gas servo saver and hitec HS-646WP servo.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-28-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Retail Link Removed

RC Qualifier
    Another choice is a protrac kit and tuning your suspension with your shocks and fluid. You would be surprised on how well the rustler can race when practice and tuning is in place. A kid around 11 or 12 at my lhs races his rustler and he does an awesome job. It's all about how you drive

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    The Rustler can be turned into a very capable racer with the right modifications/upgrades.

Here's a thread I started recently which detailed my son's successful racing Rustler set-up. He's since upgraded to a FLM sealed diff (with 50k diff lube) and a MMP ESC.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...racing-set-ups
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Competitor
    would any rustler owners recommend putting front tires/wheels on the back of the rustler as well as the front or do you want to keep the wheel widthe the same front and back

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerMLB View Post
    would any rustler owners recommend putting front tires/wheels on the back of the rustler as well as the front or do you want to keep the wheel width the same front and back
    If what your asking is if using the front wheels on all for corners is advisable: it is as long as you install the Front Pro-Trac A-arms by Pro-Line. If you use the stock arms than the rear of the car would be wider than the front and turning would be shaky. My experience w/my rusty is that you want to keep the width of the front and back the same or the front barely wider than the rear.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

RC Competitor
    exactly what i wanted to hear thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerMLB View Post
    would any rustler owners recommend putting front tires/wheels on the back of the rustler as well as the front or do you want to keep the wheel widthe the same front and back
    I would keep the width the same front and rear. I run front rims all round but with the narrower Nitro Rustler/Slash rear arms so youget back to stock width. This allows wheel swapping and also gets you 3 degrees of rear toe in which sharpens off road handling and traction.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car