Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buku Clutches

RC Competitor
    I've Got a picco 26 red dot what clutch do I need for this? Cheers

RC Enthusiast
    So I have spent hours trying to make my new BUKU clutch system work in the revo with a LRP .28. My clutch bell and spur would not line up due to the larger flywheel so I drilled new tranny holes just forward of the factory ones (Thanks to ALmorancy for the help with this) and then I had to shim the flywheel out too far on the motor shaft in my opinion causing possible strain on motor bearing and the clutch bell teeth was still only half way on the spur teeth. I ran it like this a couple of times but was not comfortable with it so I've tried a few other things and finally gave up. I put the standard flywheel and clutch back in it this weekend so I could go bashing.
    I really wish I could get this thing to work especially considering what I paid for it. Any Ideas would be appreciated because I know some of you guys such as ALMorancy have made it work..
    Last edited by BrandanL; 01-15-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: grammar

RC Qualifier
    i just finished installing a buku clutch and pipe on my OS. 30vg on my revo

Can you pass me another screw?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandanL View Post
    So I have spent hours trying to make my new BUKU clutch system work in the revo with a LRP .28. My clutch bell and spur would not line up due to the larger flywheel so I drilled new tranny holes just forward of the factory ones (Thanks to ALmorancy for the help with this) and then I had to shim the flywheel out too far on the motor shaft in my opinion causing possible strain on motor bearing and the clutch bell teeth was still only half way on the spur teeth. I ran it like this a couple of times but was not comfortable with it so I've tried a few other things and finally gave up. I put the standard flywheel and clutch back in it this weekend so I could go bashing.
    I really wish I could get this thing to work especially considering what I paid for it. Any Ideas would be appreciated because I know some of you guys such as ALMorancy have made it work..
    Dude, I didn't get any PM's from you execpt the first one, I wish you would have called, I've been on a job the last few day and haven't been around, Call me when you can, did you take any pictures while you had it in? I know we can get that to fit, do you have a web cam on your computer? We can work it out, that's too bad, dang I wish you would have called, call any time man. That's what it's all about.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Bro, is that mill broke in yet? Do you at least have some time on it. If its not run them shoes on the tight side if you're breakin in the motor, you're going to like that outlaw pipe, there is a lot of tunability in it, and you did put on a new or perfectly clean bell right, any alloy slag will destroy the komposite shoes. That thing is going to be a rocket, What are your baseline setting on the clutch right now? Give me a PM if you can.

RC Qualifier
    Yup a new rrp 22 tth bell, tha awesome thanks very much for the awesome information really appreciate it!!

RC Champion
    Good hope it works out for you, you should fall in love all over again.

RC Qualifier
    The engine doesn't fit properly with the traxxas bb mount, so I modified it so now I need a smaller clutch bell

RC poster
    How did that go for you I'm doing the same thing