Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New release

RC Racer
    Well, I was hoping for something a little more ... shall we say "mainstream". I couldn't imagine anywhere I could actually USE something like that. And to have to use a phone to "unlock" its full potential? Hmmm ... let's hope there's still more announcements to come.
    1/10 Summit (x2)
    1/10 E-Revo
    1/16 E-Revo b/l

RC Champion
    looks sweet X01 and the new Tx looks quite nifty with the docking station to use the iphone or ipod touch.
    Guess everyone was way wrong. hmmmm sure hope its strong for the crashes at 100mph out the box.

Dear santa can i have this please.
    or even just the TQ-i Tx. if your sack is too full.
    Last edited by trax de max; 11-30-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    i really want one just because . but i dont like the fact i will have to steal my girfriends phone to get it to really run . How fast will it go with out the iphone because i really like my droid .

not my thing, but it's pretty cool looking. it looks a little like a slash 4x4 with the ssc conversion with an onroad tweak. unfortunately, the roads here are such that when it gets cold in the winter, onroad cars will not stick no matter what tires i run.

i would imagine the xo-1 is gonna be huge in the miami florida top speed scene. the esc looks more like a mamba max pro that has an external caps bank than a monster mamba, atleast to me.

i wonder what kv motor that 1717 is? did anyone see?
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 11-30-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC poster
    says 1650kv

RC Competitor
    You will have to insure the car at that price. I wonder if it has been crash tested.

RC Qualifier
    Lol^^^^^^
    XO-1 ( eXperts Only)
    99%er

RC poster
    AVAILABLE
    DEC 30, 2011

From the product page. Looks like it won't be under any Christmas trees...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I see the drivetrain is like a slash..... so is this our new cvd's?
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    I think a lot of these new parts and features will drop right into a slash 4x4. The Steel driveshafts, the new bigger hubs, the center clutch.

With these upgrades I can easily see them releasing a 1/8th scale buggy based on slash 4x4 with beefed up components.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    not my thing, but it's pretty cool looking. it looks a little like a slash 4x4 with the ssc conversion with an onroad tweak. unfortunately, the roads here are such that when it gets cold in the winter, onroad cars will not stick no matter what tires i run.

i would imagine the xo-1 is gonna be huge in the miami florida top speed scene. the esc looks more like a mamba max pro that has an external caps bank than a monster mamba, atleast to me.

i wonder what kv motor that 1717 is? did anyone see?
    Hey Rocket,
    This was posted by Castle regarding the ESC and motor

"We developed a whole new stator and rotor design for this car -- it uses a shorter and lighter rotor for faster spin-up, and is up to 4% more efficient than the original 1717.

The stator design was optimized for higher maximum currents, and higher saturation currents -- so the efficiency doesn't "brick wall" at extreme currents.

The controller is the newest version of the MMM, with the new Infineon BSC011 extreme MOSFETS, with .0011 ohms / MOSFET. The additional capacitor pack was required to keep the ripple currents at the controller input at a minimum during extremely high (300+ Amp) currents during acceleration.

This is also our first ESC to implement our "Castle Link Live" operating mode, which reports ESC data in real-time to the receiver without using any external wiring. This allows the ESC data (like RPM, temperature, etc.) to be displayed in real-time on the IPhone/Ipod touch application.

Very cool implementation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick del Castillo
    President, Principle Engineer
    Castle Creations "
    2 KILOWATT RACER

RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!
    How much is It going to cost?

Will it be under $500 ,street price?

My head is spinning!

Do I have to upgrade are does those parts come standard?

RTR is Traxxas market but I hope they bring back the kits starting with this one. I would like to have two of these if the price is right. If not I will hit eBay for a roller.
    Last edited by fastman; 11-30-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    I got skills!

RC Champion
    Absolutely awesome......

RC Champion
    This 100mph rating is going to get some Law makers excited. Soon we'll need permits to drive these things.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    This 100mph rating is going to get some Law makers excited. Soon we'll need permits to drive these things.
    I agree , the same as we do for RC Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
    Hey Rocket,
    This was posted by Castle regarding the ESC and motor

"We developed a whole new stator and rotor design for this car -- it uses a shorter and lighter rotor for faster spin-up, and is up to 4% more efficient than the original 1717.

The stator design was optimized for higher maximum currents, and higher saturation currents -- so the efficiency doesn't "brick wall" at extreme currents.

The controller is the newest version of the MMM, with the new Infineon BSC011 extreme MOSFETS, with .0011 ohms / MOSFET. The additional capacitor pack was required to keep the ripple currents at the controller input at a minimum during extremely high (300+ Amp) currents during acceleration.

This is also our first ESC to implement our "Castle Link Live" operating mode, which reports ESC data in real-time to the receiver without using any external wiring. This allows the ESC data (like RPM, temperature, etc.) to be displayed in real-time on the IPhone/Ipod touch application.

Very cool implementation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick del Castillo
    President, Principle Engineer
    Castle Creations "
    Patrick is always so innovative. the guy is ahead of his time. thanks for the info. i however hope that the live link is only traxxas unique. i'd hate to have to have an i phone to work my monster mamba esc.
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 11-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Qualifier
    Way to go traxxas. This thing looks awesome. I'm not an on-road fan myself, but this car rocks.

<sarcasm>I do wonder how this will help get more newcomers hooked on r/c...

kid asks rich parents for that cool r/c car that goes 100mph,
    kid destroys his new r/c car the first time he drives it,
    kid is not hooked on r/c because "yeah, it was junk, i crashed it once and had to throw away what was left of it"

Seriously though, it scares me to think this will be happening in a lot more places than a controlled environment...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    shhhhhh...the same thought crossed my mind. Those people better stay away or I'll be p i s s e d.

I never thought of getting a strictly road vehicle, but if this sucker is this fast, imagine the amazing drifts/power slides it will do.

RC poster
    Cool car but it is useless for me. I like to play in the dirt.

I am sure the ESC wireless technology will eventually trickle down and get cheaper.

I now know why Castle has had my SCT Combo warranty/repair for the last NINE WEEKS! They have been working on the new ESC instead!

RC Qualifier
    The more and more I watch that video the more I want one. it is a great looking car, very slick, even without the unlock app to make it 100mph I will be happy with the 50mph or slower range cause it looks so fast *L* I want to be able to see it drive by. As is I have gotten in enough trouble for chasing a cop car with my EMBE guess they don’t like that sort of thing. Seems the Slash 4x4 has been proven to be a reliable set up so why not build off of it, looks great now I have to find a place to run it and maybe just maybe pick one up.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg View Post
    The more and more I watch that video the more I want one. it is a great looking car, very slick, even without the unlock app to make it 100mph I will be happy with the 50mph or slower range cause it looks so fast *L* I want to be able to see it drive by. As is I have gotten in enough trouble for chasing a cop car with my EMBE guess they don’t like that sort of thing. Seems the Slash 4x4 has been proven to be a reliable set up so why not build off of it, looks great now I have to find a place to run it and maybe just maybe pick one up.
    So you need the app to reach the 100 MPH mark and use the telemetry but there is nothing for any of the Android devices?
    Last edited by airmaxx23; 11-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

Mmmm... RC Supercar...
    Now where to come up with an extra $900.
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    Donuts.... I mean XO-1!
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Here's what I think (like anyone really cares)
    Traxxas wanted to produce something different and very high performance. They did it. But honestly, I don't have $900 and I'm not into street cars. Don't get me wrong though. I think the XO-1 is awesome. It can beat most, if not all, full-size supercars in the 0-60 race. That is incredible. So, yes, I think it is awesome, but not awesome enough to buy one. It's just not my thing. While this was a very cool release, I feel kind of let down by Traxxas. I think this is really going to be a product that can only be appreciated by a select group of hobbyists: those with money and a burning love of supercars. As an offroad man, I feel quite left out with this release. I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like Traxxas has not released anything that really grabs my attention since the Summit. That's why the Summit is now the only Traxxas vehicle I own. I kind of hate to say it, but I have been and am currently buying and looking into all the other brands out there because they are producing new vehicles that fit my interests. I like Traxxas a lot but I feel like they don't want to release anything new anymore. It seems almost like they are just saying "here's what we've got, if you don't like it, too bad." I really want Traxxas to get back in the game, make something new and release it. I want them to stop revamping old models and stop using the same exact ideas. I think it would be awesome if they got out a blank sheet of paper and designed something entirely new. Like the Summit! I know that's exactly what they just did with the XO-1, but I don't want that. I guess I'm just being selfish. But since it's my opinion, I can do that. I was looking for either one amazing release here or a full line of new cars and trucks. Instead, they give me something that I cannot afford and don't even want. I really want to see two things:
    1)not revamping, but legitimate improvement of existing models. *cough cough* the diffs in the Summit, plastic axles on everything, etc.
    2)NEW MODELS OF EVERY TYPE. I don't have the slightest problem with the XO-1, but I am left feeling like Traxxas is now done with new releases for a while.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. I know most people probably don't care.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by larsen8 View Post
    Here's what I think (like anyone really cares)
    Traxxas wanted to produce something different and very high performance. They did it. But honestly, I don't have $900 and I'm not into street cars. Don't get me wrong though. I think the XO-1 is awesome. It can beat most, if not all, full-size supercars in the 0-60 race. That is incredible. So, yes, I think it is awesome, but not awesome enough to buy one. It's just not my thing. While this was a very cool release, I feel kind of let down by Traxxas. I think this is really going to be a product that can only be appreciated by a select group of hobbyists: those with money and a burning love of supercars. As an offroad man, I feel quite left out with this release. I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like Traxxas has not released anything that really grabs my attention since the Summit. That's why the Summit is now the only Traxxas vehicle I own. I kind of hate to say it, but I have been and am currently buying and looking into all the other brands out there because they are producing new vehicles that fit my interests. I like Traxxas a lot but I feel like they don't want to release anything new anymore. It seems almost like they are just saying "here's what we've got, if you don't like it, too bad." I really want Traxxas to get back in the game, make something new and release it. I want them to stop revamping old models and stop using the same exact ideas. I think it would be awesome if they got out a blank sheet of paper and designed something entirely new. Like the Summit! I know that's exactly what they just did with the XO-1, but I don't want that. I guess I'm just being selfish. But since it's my opinion, I can do that. I was looking for either one amazing release here or a full line of new cars and trucks. Instead, they give me something that I cannot afford and don't even want. I really want to see two things:
    1)not revamping, but legitimate improvement of existing models. *cough cough* the diffs in the Summit, plastic axles on everything, etc.
    2)NEW MODELS OF EVERY TYPE. I don't have the slightest problem with the XO-1, but I am left feeling like Traxxas is now done with new releases for a while.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. I know most people probably don't care.
    thats an excellent comment.. traxxas has been honestly improvin exisitin vehicles and they do make great rc's but for the price and NEED accessories for it its kind of a bad build.. i love the whole speed thing ive built a few stadium trucks hittin around 90mph, but off road fun seems to be the sellin point to most of these vehicles that they just plain over looked, and to get a new product for off road 4x4'ing we'll just have to wait for what seems like an eternity for somethin new
    road rage its not just drivin its a blood sport

RC Qualifier
    Tires at 4.39" tall. Very similar height to 1/8 short course and buggy sized tires. Jack it up a little, some Pro-Line buggy rubber underneath, and voilą, rally car lol
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh