RC poster

Can you run one brushless motor on the E-Maxx rather than 2 brushed?

I have a Castle Creations Element combo sitting around here, and I want to buy an E-Maxx. Since it comes with 2 brushed motors, which to me sounds a little slow, I was wondering if I can put just one brushless motor. I am new to E-Maxx's, not the hobby. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Thats what the Brushless E-Maxx trucks are!!! 1 motor and 1 esc. I think your have to have the esc for a brushless motor I could be wrong. Sorry I cant help much but I run the Dewalt 14.4 motor on mine with the stock Esc.

RC poster
    Thanks _jarhead_

RC Enthusiast
    Yes you need a matching Brushless ESC and a single BL larger size motor, in the 550 size can, or the 1/8 scale cans like the stock BL Emaxx has the MMM + Castle 2200 motor. There are cheaper options but the advantage of going with the TRX setup is you can get your tech support all in the BL Emaxx forum.....and the Castle made system has been tried and proven for a long time now.

You will want to upgrade to some quality LiPo's to feed this power hungry system !!!! Man it's weird to say just look at the section of Traxxas LiPos !
    Last edited by BTEMT; 11-20-2011 at 01:42 AM.

RC poster
    Haha, thanks for the help BTEMT!