Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Ok fix the traxxas wing mount really its below freezing give it a beak mang I broke one in freezing temps but the one I have now is great. Look up my build early on i have a vid of how I broke it so ya the traxxas wing mount is great above freezing. Traxxas wheelie bar is perfect for the revo enough said. Also if you are sub 45 degrees wrap the cooling head in aluminium foil be it the duct tape or renolds wrap more heat in sub 45 degrees the better but not from running it too lean. A sock cut down helps with heat retention and some plastic blocking off snow from contacting the cooling head helps tremendously not to forger run a hot plug. Really you should have a set tune to run all year with minor tweaks but winter running you HAVE TO INSULATE the cooling head. I also recommend the outerwares pre-filterer as it keeps water off the filter and blocks large particles of dirt.

If you look at my build i did a lot that kept water off of all the electronics. To the point where I blasted the entire truck with my shower head direct and no water passed any of my seals. Me and Al have a lot of time winter running only reason he has more time than me is because at -20 my fuel gelled up and I don't like to be out side in that temp.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Racer
    The Ofna still isn't leaned out, Im actually 1.5 turns richer than stock settings to keep everything lubricated well in this cold weather. I strapped the GPS on and got up to 67 km/h I think that is pretty good considering I was running out of space in the soccer field I was at. Cant wait to lean it out and get more speed!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    I put the 1/8 buggy street wheels on last night for my asphalt setup and started leaning out the force a little bit more. Until it just started revving and not going anywhere, immedietly I thought it was the slipper cause its happened before, but when I shut it off and nudged the motor I heard it grab the spur, Thats when I realized that the motor came loose and stripped the spur. Upon further investigation the motor stripped out 3 of the 4 motor mount screws. This thing deffinetely has some torque! I ended up ordering 2 new ones on ebay made from billet Aluminum T6-6061. It should be much stronger. I might run to the lhs to pick up a stock one for the time being shipping is going to take a while. Hoping to run on the weekend with my uncle and cousins LST2 and Savage . Video to come
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer

Quick little video of running at the field, sorry for the quality it was hard to steer and film at the same time. Better video to come
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    I was out running yesterday, I put the new OEM mount back in and picked up a 1700 milliamp battery back for the reciever, I strapped it in the front for better weight distribution.

Just as the tank ran out of gas I crashed into my uncles truck, and it stalled. Thats when I noticed that the cb housing, the smooth part melted its way into the spur, it looked like the motor was twisted or something. We pulled the motor and thats when we saw the crack in the mount. One side almost completely cracked right through. There goes 19$ down the drain. Plus I broke the slipper pressure plate. A guy at my work haS a mill, I might see if he can make me a new mount, even though I have 2 on order I don't expect to see them for another 4 weeks, and I have next week off..... Hopefully I can get it going again :|

My uncle put lights on his savage, 2 bright yellow ones that look really good in the front and 12 bright red ones in the back. The truck looks amazing! I want to put lights on too now. Anyone have suggestions on what I should use? Don't forget I have the slayer pro front bumper on so not quite the same as the revo.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Al has a couple posts dealing with lights check them out.

RC Racer
    Will check it out, thanks insanity, just as I was arranging to get the oem mount made on the mill, my billet T6061 Aluminum ones I purchased on ebay showed up today, now I just need to get the oem back my workmate.....can't wait for next week have it off and they are expecting snow!!!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer

Lights

Hey Guys, hope the holidays are treating you well, I finally got to putting lights on the slayvo, found a pack of 8 flashlights at loses for 15$, I took 2 of the large flashlights(about1'' in diameter) and use the front of them for the headlights, they have 9 leds each. The for the rear I took a the headlamps that came with the package, they each only had one red led and 2 white leds, my dad and I took the 2 white ones out and replaced with 2 red. Check out the pics, its really bright!

Headlights

Really bright!

Tail Light

Pretty Bright

Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Got the conversion back together today, check out the pics got it out in the snow for the first time it was sooo much fun!

Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Looking good spenc. If you are gonna run a stock air filter get a outerwares prefilter. Keeps it dry in wet conditions like what you just ran through. Had one on mine while it was still nitro. It took a direct blast of water and kept the filter dry.

RC Racer
    It has the motor saver filter on it......but I am gonna check out the prefilter, does it restrict airflow at all?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Outerwares won't restrict it any.

RC Champion
    nice work Spencer, like inny said the snow dust will fry one of these things pretty fast, like on a snow bashing day for me even with the outerwheres on them, I'll go through a bunch of filters, just to keep them dry, like every tank, if you keep changing the outer one, the inner one won't get wet at all, they dry out fast so I got a bunch of them drying in the shop when I'm out bashing in the snow, So far so good for me, just frozen grass, I'm loving it, Keep the snow up in the mountains where they need it.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Racer
    Well got 3 successful tanks on it today, was bashing with the uncle and cousin and it was amazing until the 4th tank and the engine shut down. When we tried to start it would just spin not catching at all. We took the motor out and opened it up, I sheared the part of the crank that attaches to the connecting rod off, and busted a whole right through the crank case. Now I don't know if it was my fault, it happened when I was at wot and hit a "dimple" in the road and the truck got air off of it. and when it landed it died. Now I have to decide what I want to do. Put the 3.3 back in or by a new motor. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

Whatever you want to do. If the piston, rod and sleeve are fine, then get a new block and bearings. Or you could spend a few hundred bucks and put a different engine in--assuming you are going aftermarket.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Piston, sleeve and rod we think are fine....we never took the head off to check these, we only took the plate off. But I do need a new crank case which is 80$ and a new crank shaft which is another 30$. I could almost buy a new LRP or Axial motor for not much more....
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

Or hit up the Market Place or eBay for much cheaper prices. For some parts I don't pay full retail at places like Tower or the LHS when they are available for at least half other places.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Hey DG, I looked on ebay for prices for the parts, although it was significantly cheaper than msrp I still had to check out the piston and sleeve, which I more than likely damaged....I ended up purchasing a .28 8 port SH engine from a canadian website. It was only 146$ shipping and tax included. Now I know what you are thinking, it is a cheap quality engine thats not going to last. Well I did some research and I found out that they are made by this company in china(yes I know china) but this company is the largest manufacturer of rc engines in all of China. Apparently they make LRP engines, like the one that AlMorancy has been using. Depending on the model their parts are interchangeable. and many people say that the engines are very good. But we will see how it goes....should be here this week.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

Yeah, if you buy the parts separately you'll pay much more than the average price of a new 3.3 w/carb for around $100-110 shipped.
    If you think about it, just about everything is made in China....maybe even the 3.3's? But the difference is probably the engineering behind it. Keep us posted how the engine runs.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I was away for the past week in Domincan....and of course the SH Engine showed up the monday after we left. Anyways I picked it up yesterday and man does this thing look sharp. Hopefully it runs as good as it looks lol. Will keep you guys updated.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Quick question, does anyone have any preference when it comes to clutch shoe material? I have a aluminum 3 shoe ofna clutch right now and somehow I broke the tip of one of the shoes off. So I am trying to decide whether to go to a composite or what?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Hey Guys, I was considering upgrading the brakes on the revo. I know traxxas sells the upgraded disk. I have not tried that yet, but Hot Racing sells a dual disk brake system. I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. Or would have any recommendations for more consistant stopping power.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...RVO39K06;c=205
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Well I realize its been a while but I got the SH.28 installed on friday. Broke it in with 4 tanks and was taking it real slow. we cleared a small track in the snow so that we could drive it and not get stuck and we made jump. I was going really slow over the jump as i was only on the 4th tank. (barely 1/4 throttle). And when i drove over the jump something shaped and a piece of plastic flew off of the car. It turned out to be the FL axle snapped and jammed the spur and I stripped it Time for CVD's. On order at the lhs. should be in on thursday....
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Oh ya and I also ordered Assoicated MGT Tires. My cousin uses them and really likes them.Large sidewall for flex when landing jumps. Just need to decide on wheels?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Found a guy on kijiji that wants 30$ for RPM arms all the way around and 40$ for 23mm hubs with wide bow tie tires. What do you guys think, he says the tires have some road rash, I am awaiting pics. How good are the bow ties?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    So I didn't end up getting the used stuff. I got a set of Associated MGT tires, and proline 1/2 offset dish wheels. Will post some pics once I get them glued up. Also got CVD's. I will post some pics soon of the revo and the stand I built
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Hey Guys, I got the tires glued up and the cvd's installed truck is starting to look really good

The first two picks were with the gloves over the head to keep it warm, but eventually it was warm enough that I didnt need them

The tie straps that are sitting on top of the front shocks are for when I am using my GPS to track speed, it sits perfectly underneath the front body posts and on the sway bar links

From left to right, Revo, my uncles savage x and my cousins lst2

The weekend turned out to be pretty good friday night, we found out that with the bigger tires, the new mill could not turn my 19/36 combo very well, ended up overheating the cb and melting the spur. So we went down to 14tooth. That works perfectly. Then later friday night the engine started revving and I ended up breaking the pin that holds the second set of gears onto the shaft. So on saturday we got a rivet that fit perfectly and we tempered it and cut it to fit. So far its holding up. Saturday was another great day. I will add some video footage eventually. Saturday night I was at the park that was more like an ice rink and lost control and ran into a poll. Ended up tearing the lights off the front. Then I landed some jumps very roughly and broke the rear pushrod ball end. I tried supergluing it but that didn't last long....I jammed the rod in so that I could keep running. But the batteries in the truck died in not too long.

So should I get the RPM ball ends or is something else better?

Sorry for rambling.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Check out the latest Video, of the Revo, LST2, and savage x running around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQi8Y...ature=youtu.be
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Its been a while since my last post, drove the slayvo around abit lately, last time out I managed to break the front center driveshaft somehow, stapped it right off! Anyway only 4$ so Im gonna get a few extra for back ups. Right now I am in the process of building a roll cage for the truck, help keep the engine safe. I want to put in thicker oil in the shocks. I was thinking of going to 50weight. Help with the dampening and give a little softer landing so it wont bottom out so easily. What do you guys think>?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    I run 60w front and rear with the respective blue and silver springs. Its kinda stiff but not bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Good to know insanity. How much of the oil do I need to buy? Does one of the traxxas small containers work or more?
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    Traxxas is only 30w, any bottle will be enough to last a while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Finally got around to uploading some pics of my roll cage, I am gonna admit that it is rough, but it does not have to look good to do the job right!

I gave it a good beating yesterday and the cage held up really well. I addded 50weight oil in all the shocks and it makes a HUGE difference, truck does not seem so springy on landings anymore, which is nice. Had a few issues with the CVD's falling out of the cups which I thought was really weird, I had the truck at the highest ground clearance setting when the rear fell out, and I am using the extended cups! So I lowered the rear down and the same happened to the front. So truck is at the lowest setting but does not flip very easily which is nice.

What I did notice though is that the chassis can bend quite a bit. Has any one else noticed this? I do forsee a problem with the chassis bending or twisting coming off of a jump, Any ideas on fixing this or is it not really an issue?

Also have you guys changed the bottom skid plates to anything stronger? or that covers both center shafts for added protection? I am interested to see what you use
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Racer
    Hey guys, quick update, I was in Buffalo on saturday, I stopped into a LHS and the guy had vantage v-armor, I have read that it is okay stuff, Deffinetly will help protecting the driveline underneath, it was 50$ reg. and he offered it to me for 30$. I couldnt pass that up. Installed it and it looks pretty sturdy, It will be interesting to see how it holds up!
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC Champion
    brother man, take off the clutch in the tranny, make sure the little arms are moving freely, spray it with wd, take out the adjuster and make sure you have the ball bearing and spring in there, when you go to test it while its open you can hold it in your hands and blow air on it and see and feel it shift, you can adjust the shift point while you have it open to get it close, if buggars got in that clutch the arms wont retract the way they should,, and the spring is soft so give it all a good cleaning and test before putting it all back together. Good luck, it's nothing major and the opti has nothing to do with this.. all that does is sense the movement in and tranny and either allow the shifter servo to work or not, it all has to do with reverse. capish go get em
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.