RC Competitor

What tires for racing

Hi all I need some info on what tires to use for racing on hard packed clay, and I don't want to use 1/8 wheels or tires.

RC Competitor
    I guess no one does any racing with there slayer pro.

RC Qualifier
    1/8 Proline Bow Tie Soft compound is what i run.

RC Racer
    I would recommend a soft compound for hard pack proline offers several different styles of sc tires. I run bow ties on my rc10gt and my slayer pro they work great
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

some buddies race on clay, they say nothing comes close to comparing to these tires on a hard pack clay

http://prolineracing.com/tires/subur...mc-clay-tires/

note to self though they run slashes not slayers. but either way they love the tires themselves.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i use 1/8 but Proline has bow tie in 1/10.

RC Competitor
    Thank you for the info guys,if I went with 1/8 tires and wheels it would cost to much money,I want to stay with 1/10 wheels and tires it's cheaper,/ What do you guys think of pro-line Caliber M2 or M3 compound tires.

there not on my slayer but i run the proline caliber (M2 i think) on my T-maxx that i have set up for racing. never tried using it on clay so i couldnt tell you how they work on it. but i can tell you that on soft pack or hard pack dirt they perform great. packed dirt that is slightly damp is where they perform the best. for instance on a track, they are amazing. wouldnt use them on pavement or gravel as im sure they would get trashed really quick. and there not that great on grass either the few times i tried. i was just spinning tires the whole time in the grass from all the torque. but if your wanting them for racing only on regular dirt then you wont be dissapointed. for clay i would use the ones in that link i gave you though.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!