New Body For My Slayer

Well after a few weekends of working on my new body, I finished it up today. It's a Proline Silverado 1500 Pro2. Definitely one of my favorite bodies that I've done.

RC Racer
    Nice body im not a chevy fan but tht body wants me to change my mind haha.

How did you do the white lettering on ur tires?
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28

I used a white paint pen. It was the kind of pen you push the tip down to soak the felt tip with the paint. I took a thick piece of paper and held down on the pen to put a nice dab of the paint on the paper then I used a small paint brush to put it on the letters. White out might work just as well but I haven't tried it.

RC Qualifier
    Is that a slash 4x4 body? Can u post a pix of the rear? I want see how much of a gap u have from the rear of the body to the bumper.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I used a white paint pen. It was the kind of pen you push the tip down to soak the felt tip with the paint. I took a thick piece of paper and held down on the pen to put a nice dab of the paint on the paper then I used a small paint brush to put it on the letters. White out might work just as well but I haven't tried it.
    Cool i might just try that!
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28

Quote Originally Posted by emraiders81 View Post
    Is that a slash 4x4 body? Can u post a pix of the rear? I want see how much of a gap u have from the rear of the body to the bumper.
    Well it's more of a multi vehicle body. It'll fit Slash 2wd and 4x4, AE SC10 variants, and a couple of others. Keep in mind though my Slayer is the original wheelbase slayer not the Pro 4x4. I was out in the garage today and took a couple of pics. Hopefully it shows what you wanted to see.

RC Competitor
    nice body man, got any tips on painting like that, i was thinking a lime green and black moster energy body.

Quote Originally Posted by lachrox568 View Post
    nice body man, got any tips on painting like that, i was thinking a lime green and black monster energy body.
    Lots of practice. I use the liquid mask film. It allows you to do more elaborate designs easier without having to mess with tape. The only downside is you cannot apply the LMF very thick or it will not dry. I spread a thin coat on and use a heat gun to dry it quicker. I usually do 2 or 3 coats of LMF using heat between each coat. You don't want too much heat either or it will burn the LMF to the body and make it a pain to peel back off. Do your design work first. You also have to be conscious that some lighter colors need to be backed by a thicker light color like white or silver. If you look at the Fluorescent Orange side panels on my body you'll see I backed them with white. I sprayed 3 coats of the orange but it's such a light thin paint that you could still see through it, the white will make the orange stick out more and give it more of a solid quality where you cannot see through the paint when you hold it up to light.

To do your Monster body, look up the logos on google and you can resize them in an imaging program like photoshop or I use Irfanview (freeware). Flip the image so it is mirrored and backwards then print it, that way when you tape it to the outside of your body you can trace it on the inside cutting through the LMF with a hobby knife and it will read correct when viewed outside the body. Hope that didn't sound too confusing.

RC Qualifier
    For a monster energy body, somebody sells a sticker kit. That way you could keep it simple and shoot all black.

That flame job is awesome! I have the silverado body for my slash. I like the LMF. I use fasmask. My slash body didnt turn out as good as yours...im really impressed...wish i could do that.

Nice thing about LMF is that you can draw your design on the clear overspray film and cut away the LMF in layers from dark to light and get it jjst yhe eay you like. If you use a transparent color, back it with silver to give it that metallic look.

Again....kudos on the paint job...

i really like the flow tech body by proline. i wish i could see how one fit on my slayer pro.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!