RC poster

locking front dif?

any down sides to doing this? I have the steel Driveshafts and a 2200kv mamba max set up. Neighbor just bought a summit and that thing is a crawlin beast! I have the rear diff locked right now and I am wanting to lock the front but dont want to mess anything up. How many guys have done this?

RC Champion
    I only locked rear, but snapped a pin pretty much instantly. I'm surprised you have the rear locked and keeping it locked without breaking something.
    Why would you want to lock the front?,
    If your just wanting to go crawling with your neighbour and since you haven't broke nothing with the rear locked I would try it.
    But if your going to drive on a more less forgiving solid ground I wouldn't and I would even remove the rear.
    Just use heavier diff oil too help out a little running along side the neighbours summit. It won't be locked but would be better.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Champion
    The point of a diff is to make the truck turn. doubtless you noticed a reduction in turning radius when you installed the rear, installing a front will double your turning circle. I wouldnt do it unless you are running in sand-like dirt or sand, or going incredibly slow, like slower than walking speed, to keep from damaging things. Do you have 17mm hex?
    "American Muscle beats import any day of the week"

RC poster
    Yep I have 17 MM hexes and the summit tires.

RC Qualifier
    You handling will be worse like steering but it shouldn't be too bad if it was me I would lock the back