RC poster

a few ideas. Going lighter, wider, and a bit stiffer

Alright. I wanted to suggested an idea to widen the stance of this rig. Use the losi MRC wheel hex's. I ditched the reciever box. Ditched some of the un-necessary covering etc. I also ditched the screws covering the drive shaft in the center towards the back. I will keep all posted about other ideas. I have seen some pictures of guys running what appears to be a sway bar. Anyone have a part number for that.

RC Champion
    did you remove the air intake and outlets.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC poster
    The air intakes? You referring to the battery compartments and stuff? I am not sure I want to remove the intakes below the servo as this would expose that stuff, and I am using this as a little bit of a basher.

Quick thought on that note. I am running the a 2000 lipo in only one of the battery compartments. I am now thinking about opening up the other battery compartment and shoving the esc and the rx inside there to essentially lower my CG also. Any thoughts on that?

So I did what I wanted to do last night and dropped the receiver and esc into the battery compartment that was not being used. I have not run the rig but it will be interesting to see how this impact the handling. I may have a chance to rally it this weekend so I will report back but here are some pics.

Last edited by cooleocool; 11-12-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Your ESC will get really hot like that.

RC Champion
    yeah due to it having no airflow
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Just my opinion.. If you going to put your esc in the battery box you should have the esc in the front of the box and also have a notch in the top of the compartment over the esc.

RUN ON SENTENCES FTW!

RC poster
    I hear you on the esc temps which is why I pulled the compartment door off. Until I can run it some more I am going to leave it alone and temp it some. The idea off popping a hole and maybe even placeing in a fan is not a bad idea.

RC poster
    Your also going to get alot of wind resistance on that battery door and the missing steering servo cover which might pull the car towards a different direction when going fast.

RC poster
    Thanks guys for all the input. I have done a lot of driving with this rig and just tonight had my world thrown on its ear. For starters the temps have not been an issue. I was worried about this but no issues yet. I have been running it on an indoor dirt blue grove 10th scale sct track and the temps have held. I have had problems getting the darn thing to drive straight though under throttle. I then read about the diffs and learned the rear diff had 30K weight. Went to 7.5 k tonight. Now runs way better. I also learned how to get the toe and camber adjusted. Dude, how stupid am I. Anyway I guess the point is to know what I am building for. I don't want a drifter, I wanted far from that. I want a car I can take with rally tires on and show the sct guys how it is done. I then wanted to be able to go to a set of carpet wheels and hit that track some.

Strangest part of all this. I went with Tamiya rally tires. I took the rig to the track and it drove ok. I decided to sipe the tires and see if that helped. I took the rig to the track, and it drove like total junk. Anyway I am starting to think the sipping actually improve the traction so much that the 30K rear diff was causing them to kick out much faster due to better traction.

RC poster
    I took the rig out yesterday again at Mikes in Carrolton (dallas) and had another great time with it. The biggest challenge now is figuring out how to jump this thing on a 10th scale track I hit the air and it turns into an instant cartwheel.

RC Racer
    Those are some good ideas! I can't wait to hit our local carpet track but I'm waiting on a new motor! Keep us posted on whether you find a setup that can take air and land