RC poster

Slayer Original Help. parts upgrades/widening stance

Hey I have a pre Pro Slayer. (Before Pro)

I want to upgrade the suspension arms etc to a wider set up.
    I heard this can be done with the revo arms and everything.. Is this true? Or do you know any other way to widen the stance?

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    yes you can use revo a-arms but you have to buy more than just the a-arms, you need toe links and drive axles, or you can get a offset wheels

RC Qualifier
    Do u want to go from a slayer to slayer pro or slayer to revo?

RC poster
    I'm trying to basically convert it into a revo

RC poster
    I know that, just will it all fit the same? My chassis only has the one push rod mount hole. Would that mess with anything?

RC Racer
    Do you have a Slayer Pro or just a regular slayer, I have a slayer pro that I just concerted into a Revo, All I needed to do was change the arms to revo arms and get the toe links and push rods and driveshafts to match. I am also in the process of changing over to monster truck size tires. I tried with the stock slayer pro gearing but it is much to tall for the wheels. It has very little acceleration but once it gets moving its scary fast. I just changed to a 14tooth cb and 40 tooth spur gonna give it a try tonight to see what its like.
    Slayer Pro turned Revo

RC poster
    as I stated originally, it's not a pro. I've been doing some reading up and it seems the revo 2.5 hardware will fit on it.
    Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to go out and order all the parts just to have them not fit.

RC poster
    nice. I was actually concerned with the gear ratio with the bigger tires. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even take into consideration the bigger wheels

RC Racer
    I haven't has a chance to run it yet with big tires, just have little 1/8 street tires on it for now. They make a great street setup. Once I get a chance to run it I will let you know how it is
    Slayer Pro turned Revo