RC poster

Slayer pro 4x4 won't shift into 2nd gear

A little while back i noticed that my truck wasnt shifting on the straight at my local track but i didnt think much of it because its a small track and i rarely went into 2nd anyway. But i came home and did some runs in the street and it would not shift. Its tuned well and gets high rpms but now it wont shift. I hav not played with the shift adjustment in the trans nor the slipper. Both are still at factory settings. I looked at the clutch shoes and they look slightly worn but i dont think enough to affect the shift point. I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what i should try first before i start messing with the trans and slipper. Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Tighten the slipper. Always fixed mine when they do that

RC Racer
    Definately check slipper tightness
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. ill try that. Is there any way of knowing when you have the tightness right or do you have to guess and keep testing it?

Heres my truck with a recently painted new body. Just thought I'd share

RC Racer
    Tighten the slipper to just snug or about 2 pounds of pressure on your finger tip using the supplied 8mm wrench that should be good. And what body is that?

RC poster
    alrighty. hopefully that will solve my problem. thanks a lot.
    Its a proline ford f-150 body for the slash. A bit too small as you can see, but still works.

RC Racer
    Sweet I'm ordering one now! Body options are extremely limited for the slayer pro

RC poster
    yes they are! this one required some modification also, just so you know. Like cutting more off of the fenders and adjusting the body posts, these are small though. the only real problem i had was getting the front posts to fit because they just happen to be right where the bumps in the hood are... as you can see in the photo the body clips in the front dont really sit flat haha you can figure it out though I'm sure