I am thinking about getting a new radio with telemetry so I can monitor motor temperatures. Since Traxxas does not offer any radio with telemetry, I was considering the Spektrum DX2S DSM 2-Ch Transmitter or Spektrum DX3S DSM 3-Ch Transmitter. I have a several questions that maybe someone with more knowledge or experience can help me out with...
- Is there any reason I'd need a 3 channel remote? I'm guessing the Summitt (which I do not own) would require an additional channel...
- Will the Spektrum receiver fit in the stock Traxxas receiver box?
- Is the RPM sensor difficult to setup/mount in the Stampede VXL?
- Do these radio models have temperature alarms?
- Is there a better solution than the radios mentioned above?
Thanks a million!