RC Competitor

Sway Bar setup ??'s

Ok, so I took everyones advice and got the sway bar kit for my slayer pro.....I dont like it so far. It seems to me like all it really did was stiffen the heck out of it, and now I actually roll more (nearly 2wice as often) as before I had it. I set both bars as soft as possible, but it still seemed too stiff. Took the front ones off altogether, and it seemed to help a little, but only a very miniscule amount. I hated to take them off, because I already paid for them, and I hate to not utilize them. I looked at the "Slayer setup and tuning guide" on the Traxxas site, but it doesnt give any real details on the sway bar setup, only that it is a nearly manditory upgrade. I would like to find a setting that works for me, and put my front ones back, and use them, since I hate wasting money on things that don't get used. For shocks, I am still running the stock "double white" up front, and "double yellow" rears, both as soft as possible, but I do have a set of "double black" and "double purples", both NIB....Anyone got any advice on what to add/change/adjust to soften the truck back up a little, while still getting the desired "anti-roll" affect from the sway bars??
    2 TMaxx 3.3/TMaxx 2.5R/Slayer Pro 3.3

RC Racer
    Sway bar setting will not effect suspension stiffness during compression and rebound. They will only deter one side from compressing more than the other hence the anti roll effect. I found that with the addition of a center diff, on throttle corner rolls are almost completely done away with. Try the front at softest and rear at stiffest to induce oversteer that may take care of your problem. Also try avoiding snapping off throttle during cornering as that will increase the likelihood of a rollover

RC Competitor
    This may sound stupid, but what do you mean by
    I found that with the addition of a center diff,
    ??

I will try
    the front at softest and rear at stiffest
    first, and see if that helps..... Thank'ye Kindly!!
    2 TMaxx 3.3/TMaxx 2.5R/Slayer Pro 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Also dont try and get it to "soft". I use 40wt front and 45wt rear in my shocks.

RC Racer
    It doesn't roll in corners while on throttle with the center diff is what I meant

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I have installed sway bar on my revo and it did make a difference. I run it on grass and even when I do a quick turn it'll just slide instead of rolling. make sure the bar move with just a little tiny bit of a snug fit.