RC Qualifier

Venom Transmission and Later Rebuild

I'll be rebuilding my transmission in the coming week, since I ordered the Venom aluminum transmission with red anodizing(I had a $20 off $50 coupon ), I hear it acts like a big heat sink. I need that for vxl 3500 system and 3s lipo. My little 5 fin heat sink is just not cutting it alone. Especially running a 6s through it...with a vxl6s castle marine esc...... I blew out both of my gladiators on the rear(broke the bead on about 1/4th the tire and had a tear all the way up the sidewall), It was spectacular, it did like a triple backflip!

I'll be doing a picture by picture of taking out the transmission, cleaning the bearings, filling the diff, the final product, and also a weigh in.

So what are your thoughts on my 6s fun and also the venom case, I searched around and got a majority rule that it was good but what do you guys think, who has it? do you like it? what other cooling devices are you all running?

Last edited by Kitteh298; 10-27-2011 at 12:32 AM.

RC Champion
    My thoughts are that 6s would make that motor explode.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    You sir, Are wrong... I let It cool down in between running it, it was/is fine. anything else?
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 10-28-2011 at 12:47 AM.

RC Champion
    You will be looking for a new motor soon. That is a guarantee. But if it work's for you now, cool.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

I feel bad for ur motor . Thats crazy, prob why u see us reacting the way we are, but ya i think iys gonna blow up really awesome its been able to even do one run at 6s though, but remember its rated at 3s for a reason . Its bot cuz of the temp, but the voltage ur throwing at it, is alot. But.. As for alum trannys, ya they do act like a big heat sink and make a big ol diff. There are lots of choices, hard to go wrong on one. Even the integys work fine with different screws. Its all about the design u want, if u wanna run traxxas wheelie bar or bumper, etc...

U could get a venom lipo with the coupon and get a flm tranny, or shoot get the venom tranny.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-28-2011 at 03:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I ran 6s because my speed control crapped out and I had bought the spartan so... I did this. I may have actually forked it up, I wasnt watching my temperatures and it was probably well over 200, still seems to run fine though. I'll have my vxl esc today so i'll see if its okay. *cringe* if not I will order a hobby king motor and call it a day.

I have already ordered the venom transmission and already have batteries...

RC Qualifier
    Yep, spartan electronics, running mod1 gears 17/40 (could gear up alot more actually.)

From My Samsung Epic Using TapaTalk.
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 11-02-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    now i want one
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    what? a spartan?

a kind of funny thing that happened is that my slipper clutch was loose, so after a little running... it was SMOKING. lolo
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 11-02-2011 at 12:24 PM.

RC Champion
    not good for your slipper you might have melted the spur gear and those spartan electrics are overkill man
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The VXL View Post
    not good for your slipper you might have melted the spur gear and those spartan electrics are overkill man
    overkill is what I am best at I have since tightened up the slipper pretty well.

the motor does not even get warm with this gearing so I think i will get the castle 21 tooth pinion :>
    Last edited by Kitteh298; 11-02-2011 at 12:44 PM.

RC Racer
    The Aluminum gear box
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    yeah it is sexy. when I have a appropriate motor it will be useful, but as of now it just looks really good

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    yeah it is sexy. when I have a appropriate motor it will be useful, but as of now it just looks really good
    DAMI* don't temp me i will sell something and regret it. LOL
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    yuo need to get it, lol. it will make you rebuild your transmission and diff, you know you need it! lol i hear it lowers motor temps by 40 degrees.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    yuo need to get it, lol. it will make you rebuild your transmission and diff, you know you need it! lol i hear it lowers motor temps by 40 degrees.
    yah but i run 3s with VXL and it runs cold... and good gears, never had a prob with it so i dont want the mess with it. but it looks sexy
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhgonzo 2 View Post
    yah but i run 3s with VXL and it runs cold... and good gears, never had a prob with it so i dont want the mess with it. but it looks sexy
    dang really? what gearing and tires do you run, I have never been able to get my gearing right.