RC Competitor

Proper Slipper Clutch Adjustment

Just got my Slayer Pro today and want to avoid a repeat of what happened with my son's Rustler (Slipper to loose/melted spur gear) so I am going over the the Slayer prior to running it. I can not find the recommended setting for the slipper clutch in the Manual.

What is the base line adjustment?

V/R
    Bill

if its anything like my t-maxx then heres how u do it. tighten it up till the coils all bind and then just back off a 1/4 of a turn
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Hers how i do it. I use 2mm allen to hold the shaft from spinning, i tighting the slipper nut to where i can still turn the spur by hand. And its not a free spin, its to the point where i have to use some force to turn it. From there u can make it tight or back out a 1/4 turn depending on what u want. The rustler spur and slipper set up is not the same as the slayer pro.. Rustler i would make the nut tight and then back it out 1/4 turn.. Hope this helps

RC Racer
    Tighten it all the way. The transmission is evil it must be punished! Jk both of the above mentioned methods will work

The Revo style slipper does not have a spring, rather it has spring washers that look like this: () . Lock the input shaft and tighten the 8mm nut to the point that it makes indents on your thumb as you try to spin the spur. If you over tighten it, you risk flattening the washers and need to purchase new ones.
    The Super Derecho