Thread: Rear wheels Q

RC Racer

Rear wheels Q

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/...-12-56_382.jpg

I have never posted a pic before. So hopefully this link works. I'll feel like a doof if it doesn't because I did read the instructions beforehand.

Anyways, you see my rear wheels? That doesn't look good to me and it makes the truck truck crooked. I'm constantly having to correct my truck when trying to go straight because it veers left and right unexpectedly. I think I might just need new toe links since the rear wheels seem unstable when you wiggle the tire. There is just to much play. Will new toe links fix my problem? Is there something else I can do to keep things tight and straight? Thanks

RC Racer
    I just checked the link and it works.

RC Enthusiast
    try why I told you on your last thread that you made up called "truck sidetracking" or something like that?
    Last edited by 3_rolls; 10-28-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Flaming

RC Racer
    In fact I did exactly what you said. "Turn in the pillow ball screws until you just can't see the threads and then give each screw 4 1/2 turns."Then ran it for a couple passes to see if it still sidetracked, and it still was veering left and right. Both the front and the rear tires have negative camber like the manual says. I posted this because I suspect the toe links are causing the problem, possibly from a rough cartwheel causing stress on the toe links where the pillow balls insert? I was hoping somebody had a suggestion of any possible upgrades that would be sturdier. The tires wiggle horizontal. NOT vertical from the pillow screws.

RC Champion
    1st even if your links are bad they are not gonna cause that much toe in. you dont have the pillow balls adjusted correctly.adjust them so you get the wheels pointed straight as much as possible. next try to wiggle the tire from side to side, like you would if you were turning the front tires to check the steering. if there is alot of slop the links are worn out.the end of the links stretch causing slop where the ball sits.
    buy new links and fix the problem. you can also glue the ball in the inner part to take some of the slop out. that "how to" is in my thread "project go anywhere"

good luck.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    dude thats wack as! looks to me like your pillow balls are in way way too much. No need to screw in ur pillow balls all the way in!!! Mine are screwd almost all the way in, but ive done that coz im running the steel cvds and modified my arms.
    When i 1st installed my cvds and screwed my pillow balls in all the way, thats almost exactly how my rear wheels looked. Thats why i had to modify my arms and install adjustable toe links.
    Just go backwards when something is starting to look not right.
    Id say undo ur pillow balls, u should notice the wheels straightening up once you do that. If it straightens up back to normal, then go back and play with it till you get it where you want. Hope that helps ya a bit bloke.

RC Racer
    also if ur tow links where that knackerd, when u check for freeplay, the wheels should atleast be abule to be physically moved to the straight/true position. Thats why i believe that youve just screwed your pillow balls in too much.

RC Racer
    I took my rear toe links off today and it was bad. There was so much stress on those toe links that the holes stretched out and one of the pillow balls actually fell out. I got some new toe links and and everything is all better. Well just about anyway. The truck still veers a little bit but that is because of my servo. I need to readjust it. What do I need to do to fix it? (Besides the steering trim)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    You could (with it off) remove the servo horn and then turn it on and reattach with the tires as straight as you can get them.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Thanks Jimmie I'll give that a shot.

RC Champion
    what ya want to do ios take the servo arm off, turn radio on and then truck and recenter the steering trim. then put the servo horn back on as straight as possible.then adjust the trim to get it perfectly straight.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    thanks twisted

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaptainic View Post
    thanks twisted
    not a problem !
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE