RC Competitor

Resetting tranny to "factory"

Anyone know how to reset the tranny back to "factory" settings?? I let a buddy talk me into tweaking on my shift, and now i dont like it... i cant seem to get it back to where it shifts like i want, and it was fine from the factory, so id like to just take it back to those settings.....
    2 TMaxx 3.3/TMaxx 2.5R/Slayer Pro 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    there is realy no factory setting on the tranny shift point. you have to run it and adjust it from there. clockwise to shift later, counterclock for sooner. adjust it by 1/8 of a turn.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I don't think there's a factory setting for the shift screw, no that I read of...

Just try to adjust it to your personal setting...

Last edited by danielhr77; 10-24-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: too tired, misread the thread...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Actually there is a factory setting. But Traxxas sets the shift point at a certain RPM with the transmission on a dyno so there really is no way to set it back exactly where it was. There is a way to get it close though. You want the set screw flush with the top of the flat surface it screws into or with one thread above flush and it should be close.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    Actually there is a factory setting. But Traxxas sets the shift point at a certain RPM with the transmission on a dyno so there really is no way to set it back exactly where it was. There is a way to get it close though. You want the set screw flush with the top of the flat surface it screws into or with one thread above flush and it should be close.
    That got me really close.. just a couple very minor adjustment away!! Thanks!!!
    2 TMaxx 3.3/TMaxx 2.5R/Slayer Pro 3.3