Hybrid View

RC poster

Nimh delta peak sensitivity

I have a 8.4v 3000mah that came with both my rustler and stampede 4x4. I am using a Hitec x4 charger to charge both of them at the same time. I use a charge rate of 4amps, a capacity cutoff of 3000mah, and the default delta peak sensitivity setting (which is 7mv). I used in the past, a traxxas ez-peak charger, which worked great but took forever to get both my batteries charged. When I first charged these batteries with the Hitec x4, the first battery stopped and the charger said it was full (it got up to about 2700mah). The second battery stopped because it reached the 3000mah capacity cutoff. I didn't think the second one was fully charged because it wasn't even warm when it was done, so I gave it a few minuets and plugged it into my ez-peak charger and it ran for another 15 or so mins (before it got warm and shut off). After doing this I decided to see if the first one got completely charged, so I did the same thing, I plugged it into the ez-peak charger and it ran for 10 mins before shutting off. How can I make the Hitec charger completely charge both my batteries? Do I need to increase the delta peak sensitivity? Should I raise the capacity cutoff to 3300mah? Anything input would really be appreciated. Thanks.

RC Champion
    first only charge at 3 amps and put the delta peak to 6mv
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Alright I will try that. I just figured the ez-peak was a 4amp charger so that's what I should be charging at. I'll let you know how it goes at 3amps and a 6mv delta peak. Thanks

RC Champion
    I use 2.5 amps and 6mv and it stays cool while still charging rapidly
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    About how long does it take to fully charge doing that way?

RC Champion
    1 hour ten minutes
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    i set all my nimhs to 3mv@cell

i would charge at 2.5amps for regular charging

if its a new pack or one that has sat for a long time charge at about 1 amp and work your way up in .2a increments up to 3 amps. between charges let cool and then discharge it hard. let cool again then charge at the higher amp setting.

this will cycle the pack and get you the most out of it.
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 10-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector