RC Qualifier

Two packs and pop an axle...grrrrr

On the third pack on my rally track I pop an axle. I hope this is just a fluke. Anyone else?

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...t/40a73a2c.jpg

And another shot
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-22-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: merge
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Racer
    There's been a bunch of discussion about how the mini Summit CVD's are weaker than the MERV's. Three choices: replace them with stock, replace them with MERV parts, upgrade to the Traxxas metal parts (~$50 for all 4). Additionally there is probably some aftermarket part by now. Either way, it sucks. Are you within your 30 day warranty?

RC Racer
    Bad news pakratt...There has been a lot of talk over these and its happened twice to me and I've had my Mini Summit for a little over a week. Basically to get all the talk in one spot for you, the options are as follows. Keep buying stock shafts which are about $12. You can also use MERV shafts which are $8. Less money and about the same quality. Check out twisted's thread "Project go anywhere" which will tell you about his experience with them. Like I said they will pop on you to but hey, there cheaper. The last option that I can think of would be the steal shafts that are meant for the MERV. It sounds like this is the best option and the most expensive as well. Check out this thread that I started and got a great answer from summit_slayer_t-maxx.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ft-help-please!!!

Good Luck

RC Qualifier
    Thanks definitly in warranty today was day one. It looks like the pin came out. I have a couple of mervs to steal parts from will try that. I think i have to replace the piece that the shaft came off of as well
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Racer
    No fluke! When i bought my summit, i accidently burped near my truck and the axle pins popped! they not rad at all! The steel cvds for the merv are the goods man, the gooooods!!! ive smashed my truck almost to pieces, the only things ive never replaced since i installed is the traxxas steel cvds. ill post up a pic of a smashed front end with still straight and not broken cvds.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-22-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: borderline Traxxas bashing. Please choose your words wisely.

RC Qualifier
    Hed some spare revo parts. Working great. Thanks for the info
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Racer
    I had the same prob i broke 2 of them tht way. So i bought some integy steel cvds. THE SUCK one lipo nd all 4 were either snaped cracked bent or the pins were all falling out! DONT BUY THEM! I then picked up some traxxas stell cvds they rock man go with them and every part in there steel cvds is replacable!
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28