RC Qualifier

Joining the Summit family

At any one time we have a rotation of varrying degrees of Rally, Slash, and Revo rigs running around here. This afternoon we can add a Summit to the family! My wife suprised me with a new rig I had been eyeing but knowing I couldn't justify since we just bought a couple of Slashes for our backyard rally last weekend. Aparently she had this one on lay away with our lhs for some time.....she is so good to me
    Boise, Idaho
    www.adventureiq.com

RC Racer
    Cool. There lot's of fun. I have had mine a little over a week and now I have to fix the diff's because of a stripped gear. Your gonna want to do this before you run it.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead

I'm serious. I thought these guys on here were being a little uptight about the diffs and now I'm eating my words because I broke my summit.

Dude. I am a cheap skate... ask anyone that knows me. I would rather sit on my money than spend it.

BUY THE SHIMS!!

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Dude. I am a cheap skate... ask anyone that knows me. I would rather sit on my money than spend it.

BUY THE SHIMS!!

yeah same then i bought a mini summit. hahahaha! but seriously, shim a ding ding! awesome, till ya cartwheel 15 times and crack ya diff housings. truck drives back all click click like
    But i love this truck, soooooo much fun bashing around!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I agree with everyone else:

1) shim the diffs they WILL strip. On the summit it seems to be the front one
    2) buy new knuckle the stock ones are crap an you will find that out quick with wheel slop
    3) get some aluminum shock bodies with threaded seal retainers. This will solve the leaky shock problem you WILL have.

Cheers