RC poster

I need to know how long it takes to charge a 5000+ lipo -PLEASE HELP-

I just wanted to know how long it would take to charge a 5000+ Mah lipo battery on different amps. what i mean is like how long on 2 amps 4 amps 6 amps etc something like that. Is there anyway i can find out how long t takes on any number of amps?

Thanks

RC poster
    5 amps it takes about 1 hour.

You need to think watts to see what your charger can handle. If it is 3 cells 12.6 volts x 5 amp hour = 63 watts to charge it. If your charge can put out 200 watts that is .315 hours to charge it.

RC poster
    Ohhhh ok thanks that helps ALLOT

RC Enthusiast
    so its just...
    volts x amps = watts? and ten you divide the watts that the charger does in an hour by the watts of that problem before and then you get how long it will take to charge. right???

RC Enthusiast
    About what i said above.

That cant be right because then the more amps you charge it with the longer it takes to charge...

Yep. Watts = Amps x Volts. So divide the power by the voltage to get the amps.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Enthusiast
    is the power the c's? if so lets use this as an example.
    25c Divided by 11.1 = 2.25 amps
    so then would i want to charge it on 2.25 amps? and would that get it done in an hour so that if i charged it at 4.5 amps would it get done in half an hour?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CalebRC View Post
    is the power the c's? if so lets use this as an example.
    25c Divided by 11.1 = 2.25 amps
    so then would i want to charge it on 2.25 amps? and would that get it done in an hour so that if i charged it at 4.5 amps would it get done in half an hour?
    C is the discharge rate of the cell. C is equal to the maximum charge of your battery. So, if your battery is 25C and your battery is 5000mah(5 amps), then : 25C= 5000x25--> which equals 125 amps. I assume that you are questioning your Mamba Monster setup for an e-revo of e-maxx?

Now to mesure the watts, you do the voltage at which your battery is being charged at and the amps it is putting into it. Lets say it is 3 cells as mentioned before. 1 cell ( dont mix this up with C! 1cell=1s;2cells=2s/3cells=3S and so on) has a voltage of 3.7v and will problably be charged at 4.2 to 4.5 volts I assume. With your 3 cell pack it will be charge at lets says 13v and at a rate of 1C (5000mah/5 amps in your case). Therefore we must do 13x 5= w (where 13= voltage and 5= amps and w= watts).
    With that we get 50, 50 watts.

Finally, to the main question. The time. We now have all the terms and information together. You must understand that MAH= miliamps per hour and amps = amp per hour. You have a 3 cell battery with a 5000mah capacity. Lets say that it has 20% capacity left, so we only need to put in 4000mah/4 amps. 1 amp will take about 13 minutes if you are charging at 1C( 5amps). We need to put in 4 amps so that's about 48 minutes.

Please excuse me if this isn't as clear as I hoped it would be. I tried to explain as simple in your specific setup and situation.
    back