RC poster

3975R Titan Motor

Hi there - New to the forum. I am wondering if I reverse the wires on a #3975R Titan motor if it will spin in the normal direction? I am wanting the motor to spin normally for a dual motor custom build. Thanks in advance....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, but...

The reverse motor has reversed timing- if you spin it backwards if will spin slower than a regular motor or neutrally timed motor. You would be better off getting a pair of regular 550 titans ( emaxx ones ) or some other brand of ~550 sized motors without timing.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So, what you're saying is that it's not right to use both of them in an E-Revo because one will spin slower than the other one? But, what about in an E-Maxx where both motors run on the same direction?
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No, you misunderstand.

The erevo has to have one motor that is reversed and one that is normal, because the motors face opposite directions so one must be reversed ( ran backwards ), so required advanced timing in reverse to match the advanced timing ( in forwards ) of the other motor.

In the emaxx, both motors face the same direction so they areneed to be identical.

I think TNK is trying to run a dual motor setup which requires 2 motors facing & running in the same direction, so he can't use one reversed-timed motor as it will not spin at the same speed as the other.

Unfortunately, he gives no actual info about his setup or the orientation of either motor in his plan, so I can only guess what the layout will be...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Sorry guys...Yes, 2 motors facing and running in the same direction. The motors came out of my e-Revo after I got power hungry and went brushless. I am making a FrankenSavage for my son, who is not quite ready for brushless power yet. I just figured I had 2 newer motors and the EVX esc to use, so I could do this on the cheap. I will list the reverse motor and buy another regular 550. Thanks for your input fellas, and I look forward to posting more on here!