RC Racer

Looking for a good body clip solution.

It seems like every time I flip my truck I lose a body clip. I would rather not drill a hole in the body to use those rubbery plastic clip holders if it's avoidable. I bend the clips more than I lose them so a different way to hold the body on would be nice than using the clips. I hope you guys have a good solution that works for you that you wouldn't mind sharing. I know its only a few bucks for a pack of clips but its driving me nuts losing these things.

RC Racer
    well my problem is banding them and also i was just sick of dealing with them cause it takes a while to take the body off so i decided to try something. I hope it works. So, what i did was take the body mounts off and then i cut a little out of the front and rear of the body so its sits farther down. I made it low enough so that the sides of the body are even with the bottom of the battery compartments. And the I'm going to get some strong velcro to go on the inside of the body and on the battery doors to hold it down Ill get some pics up in a few.

RC Competitor
    You can use those clip retainers without drilling a hole if you want. Then you only have to worry if you lose both at the same time. And even then, they are much easier to find if you lose two clips linked by a bright rubber piece.

RC Racer
    I put zip ties through the body clips then to watevr spot on the exo cage seemed best! They do sometimes fall out more offten cause it pulls on the zip ties but u didnt lose your clip. I hav big zip ties, smaller 1s fall out as much. It works great!
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28

RC Racer
    yeah those are both good solutions too im getting some velcro tonight so i will have some pics up tonight and i will test it tomorrow

RC poster
    I used some 16 gage wire stripped both end drill two small holes feed the wire trough and twist and soldered both end around the clips.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the feedback I'm going to try these soon before I lose another darn clip.

RC Racer
    http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg8/s...jpg&res=medium http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg707...jpg&res=medium These are what i had to take out to make it sit low enought http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg840...jpg&res=medium and this is it on the truck i think it looks cool how it is lower and you cant see under the body as much
    Last edited by XJoeTheShowX; 10-19-2011 at 11:44 PM.

RC Racer
    Don't the tires rub on the body though. I would think it would be a bit severe because at a full turn when the body is on the stock height setting the tires touch some on the wheel well of the Exo Cage. It does look cool though.

RC Racer
    i bolted a merv wing to my back window. My clips stay in there spot now!

RC Competitor
    I'm using a rubber band its eAsier to find 2 clips and a rubber band rather than 1 clip

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaptainic View Post
    Don't the tires rub on the body though. I would think it would be a bit severe because at a full turn when the body is on the stock height setting the tires touch some on the wheel well of the Exo Cage. It does look cool though.
    The only time it touches it when the suspension is fully compressed and it is at full turn so as long as you dont turn the wheel when landing a jump it will be fine
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-20-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Removed a letter from a word that was causing it to be caught by the language filter.