Thread: Few upgrades

RC Qualifier

Few upgrades

Did a few ugrades over the weekend.. motor saver airfilter, tekno rx/battery box, ofna 250cc fuel tank, and last but not least, Dynamite Mach2 .19... Going to run 1 more break in tank just to be sure and than its dynamite.19 VS TRX 3.3 head to head..

RC Qualifier
    Looks great! Let me know how that Dynamite motor holds up. Sounds like a perfect direct drop for those wanting to get something other than the 3.3.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Qualifier
    So far seems like a good engine. brake in has gone good so far. only prob so far is a leak from the header. maybe just needs a better o-ring. im going to push this engine to its max and see how it holds up.. ill keep u guys posted cuz for 110 shipped this might just be a nice replacement engine

I've heard a little bit about it. Did they get the rear starter shaft and backplate fixed so it can fit the pull start or EZ Start? Others had to modify a few things to get them to fit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Looks good!
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    starter shaft and backplate prob has been fixed on all the new ones coming out. theres a small dot stamp on the backplate letting u know the prob has been fixed. now i have to find out if the bearings hold up. thats the one thing iv heard about this engine. the bearings leak or just fall apart. but than again i also hear alot of people dont like the trx 3.3 and i love that engine. only one way to find out.....

RC Qualifier
    UPDATE.... break in was nice and easy. ran my 5 tanks, 15min wait after every tank, piston at bottom dead center. thought everything was good to go and than POW!!! ran one high speed pass at about 210 temps got about 40 yards and it shut off. piston stuck at top dead and flywheel would not turn. took engine out and removed bell, clutch, flywheel and all that good stuff and the now the crankshaft has a lot of play back and forth. maybe bearing went out? not sure.. going to call dynamite tomorrow and see whats up... cant remove the backplate cuz they use 2mm screw and thread lock.

RC Qualifier
    So its been about 2 weeks since i sent the engine in for repair and i get it back today. From what they tell me the starter shaft locked up and is the reason why my engine just shut off. They went over the engine and say every thing is fine and im good to go. I will put it back in my slayer and take out to the track tomorrow and hope for the best.

RC Racer
    Good luck with that engine bro how much run time do you get from that tank?
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Ill tell u what, so far its the best upgrade ive done. Run time i really dont know. I can go lap after lap and still not have to fill up. Sunday was really the first time i used it for more than just tuning and at first i would bring it into the pit area to check fuel and it was good for a very long time.. So i really like it. Going to do my sons truck next. Cuz he drives it like he didnt pay for it and forgets to check if he needs fuel. Maybe thats cuz he didnt pay for it..Darn kids>>>

RC Racer
    LOL I hear ya man. I'll look in to that tank. By looking at it you have to use the tekno rx and battery box to have room for the tank.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, i got it as a kit and it comes with everything u need. Tank and rx/battery box. 20 min upgrade and $35ish

RC Racer
    What battery pack are you using? My hump pack is way too big for that box

RC Qualifier
    Venom 1600mah.. the stock battery pack will fit. traxxas 1200mah i think

RC Qualifier
    Put the Dynamite.19 back in and have ran a few more tanks and it seems to be waking up. Really got it going good yesterday. Im using a THS racing pipe and MIP clutch. Ill post a vid it running tomorrow..

RC Racer
    Looking forward to video