Whos using what for Tires/Rims

I am looking for ideas for replacement tires/wheels in my Summit VXL. What are you guys using?
    I would assume any 2.2 combo will work but who has what and what are your results?
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    im using losi 1.9 tires and wheels off their mini rock crawler.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    Im using HPI mesh wheels, they give a wider wheel base, i have proline dirt hawgs on them. I used the soft inserts from the stock summit wheels. Pretty much perfect all round tyre, especialy in loose dirt. For crawling on rocks not so good.
    Next im going to put the stock tyres on similar wheels to the hpi's. the stock tyre i think a pretty good all round tyre plus they grip on rocks aswell.
    Twisted how do ur tyres go on rock climbs? They a solid tyre or do they have a bit of compression in them?

I was looking at what the LHS had to offer today and im wondering if the axial BL 1.9 rims clear the MERV carriers?
    The inner ring looks kinda big.

Twisted did you have to change anything for the losi MRC to work?

Still looking for input on this, the 2.2 size when it comes to crawling tires look huge in comparison to the 1.9's but im not sure the 1.9 will fit properly over the Alum carriers and such. Im tempted to take my Summit to the LHS tomorrow and just open a box lol. I ran beadlocks on my conversion last year and they did not hing but chew up the new set of RPM arms i had up front.

went with some axial 2.2 beadlocks and some Proline Flat Irons. overall size isnt THAT much bigger than stock. not compared to some of the other 2.2's i was seeing on the shelf. i'll get some pics tonight if the wrist holds out... lol
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-18-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: merge

Ok so on the bench they didn't look a whole lot bigger, now that they are on the truck i don't know...

Not ridiculously large but definitely oversize. I'll have to see how the truck handles tomorrow.

My only issue is with the axial hubs there isn't a whole lot of stub axle exposed to thread the lock nut onto. Not sure if that will leave me any options there. Worst thing is if they don't end up working i don't have another vehicle they will work on... (i don't want to buy any more trucks...) lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

Twisted did you have to change anything for the losi MRC to work?
    yes, but it depends on what losi rims you get. i know they have them in the full beadlock flavor and the regular glue your tires on type. the ones with the beadlocks that i have require work to get them to fit. atleast with the rpm carriers.its all in my thread.
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

im going for the beadlocks. i tracked the part # down on the 1.9s and orders the 4 of them. Hopefully they fit around and properly with my GH Racing carriers. im gonna hold off till they arrive before buying tires if this is the case.