is there a threaded cap shock other than the GPM?

I keep blowing the bottom caps on my summit vxl. Is there another replacement that has a threaded bottom cap other than the GPM from thetoyz? I thought the traxxas set was but they appear to be pop on in the pics.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    nuh i cant help ya, thats the only thing i havnt upgraded yet.
    Ive only blown the top caps off my rear shocks but i think thats coz i couldnt feal the tightness when doing them up coz i put too much plumbers tape on there. Ive plumbers tape the bottom caps but ive also replace the bottom caps after 3 weeks. I notice the new ones where heaps tighter fit. I think threaded alloy top and bottom shock tubes are needed especially if your bashing the truck. i think the plastic just gets thrashed to hard to fast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I am going to glue mine on next rebuild... when they need rebuilt again after that; I will upgrade to Exotec Big Bores.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Wow $65 + shipping for the big bores... no thanks. ouch.
    I dont like the $50 for the GTR's. I had a set of GPM's on my MERV but they seemed to leak back then too. have they improved at all or do they just dress up the same stock with spring options now?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have read the leaking shafts on the GPM's can be cured with Traxxas "X" shafts... the tin ones.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

i picked up a set of the traxxas gtr's. Just went out and ran a set of batteries through it. No obstacle climbing really but some pretty harsh incline along the side of the highway through tree beds and such. i'll bring my camera next time. Its probably nothing for you hardened crawlers out there but i was pretty impressed lol.

What can i do to lessen the cogging at very low RPM? I have the tranny gears flipped already. 80wt on the shocks and 125k in the diffs.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    What can i do to lessen the cogging at very low RPM? I have the tranny gears flipped already. 80wt on the shocks and 125k in the diffs.
    I just did my first runs with tranny gears flipped and 55t spur with stock 16t pinion on the weekend. I have zero cogging and amazing climbing ability. Of course any speed higher than a walking kid sucks, the transmission makes quite interesting sounds at those speeds, but I don't mind that because I want to climb rocky hill paths in the coming winter Oh, I also have the throttle set at the 70/30 on the transmitter and "training mode" (50% forward and reverse) on the ESC, this gives much finer control for slow crawling and climbing.

RC Enthusiast
    No need to spend crazy money on the traxxas gtr's. All you have to do is transfer your old guts out of your stock shocks and put it into these aluminum bodies. Guarantee its one of the best deals out there. No more leaks. Just be sure to thro some "green slime" into the o ring area.

Cheers
    Last edited by 3_rolls; 10-28-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: No links to retail sites, rule #11

i'll have to remember those HR bodies for the Rally when time comes to replace those. Where were you a week ago? lol

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah man sorry! A guy from Another forum told me about this deal. You can also grab Duratrax 1600mah Nimh battery for 9.99 and shipping is always 99c even though it costs them more than that to ship
    Summit VXL - Bash till the wheels fall off!!!

heh i haven't used a nimh in i dont know how long lol. i have bought from them a few times. love the .99 shipping even to Canada