Thread: Please help

RC poster

Please help

Ok so last sunday I bought my Kyle Busch. I must say I love it. But yesterday I decided I wanted more speed, so I hit up my LHS and bought the 1/10th castle sct 3800kv set up. I was told it would be a lot faster then the stock brushless system. Well Im kind of disappointed it really doesnt seem any faster, I have a brushess 1/16 Slash that looks just as fast if not faster then the Kyle Busch with the SCT, I used the same pinion off of the Slashes stock VXL system.

What do you guys think I should try?

What pinion & spur combination should I try? Or was I sold the wrong brushless set up for what I want?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-14-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    If you're using the same battery, then it definetely will be slower. Gear as aggressively as will fit, I'm not sure how big a pinion the big block 550 mount will take, but ask at your LHS and you'll see. It won't overheat and you'll go faster.

It all comes down to the stock motor being 4000 Kv and the SCT being 3800 Kv, so the motor is a little slower but is much more powerful, you will be able to get much faster.

I think the Kyle B comes stock with a 45t spur, but check your LHS for a larger pinion gear (35 tooth +).

Think I helped.
    Look, I'm Ken Block! ... Ow.... My head hurts...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash116vxl View Post
    If you're using the same battery, then it definetely will be slower. Gear as aggressively as will fit, I'm not sure how big a pinion the big block 550 mount will take, but ask at your LHS and you'll see. It won't overheat and you'll go faster.

It all comes down to the stock motor being 4000 Kv and the SCT being 3800 Kv, so the motor is a little slower but is much more powerful, you will be able to get much faster.

I think the Kyle B comes stock with a 45t spur, but check your LHS for a larger pinion gear (35 tooth +).

Think I helped.
    Thank you very much, ill run by there after work to see what they have

i'll add if you aren't running the SCT 3800 on Lipo you should be... No point going BB if you are gonna throw some juice at it
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)