RC Champion

Question drifting on waxed flooring= dead esc?

okay so her is my storie started drifting on the waxed flooring and it was awsome nice slow long drifts
    after a moment battery die so swaped it out the system wasn't hot just slightly warm came back started to drift after about 5 mins or so the car shuts its self off so walked over and got the shell off felt the motor and just a little warm ok turn it back on turn the transmiter on and the esc shuts off waited for a while and turned esc back on and reciever is red and esc is green turn on transmitter two seconds or so of drive than the reciver shuts off and the esc led glows a dime red

whats rong the velineon system is only 2 weeks old? and was run with the singal stock power cell and all stock parts

RC Champion
    fuond it its a servo

RC Enthusiast
    same thing is happening to me, what happened?

RC Champion
    drifting around swaped out a battery and ran it with out it cooling off(motor was a little warm) on the seconed battery it lasted about five minutes or so when it whent out i was doing a hair pin to turn around i was on full brake and was turning full left then bumped at a very low speed into a table leg and it shorted on me

but other than that should i be able to get a replacment servo from traxxas if i live in canada?(car is still under warenty)
    im going to call them after school

steevo95 why how did yours die?

called traxxas and was amazed on how nice it was .after acouple minutes i got my servo replaced free of charge under warrenty
    there the best
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-13-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    skip the waxed floors and hit the tennis courts!!! LOL

RC Champion
    that must be nice but on waxed floors you can get perfect long persicion drifts with out that much throttle input or steering input

but then i havent tried a tennis court

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Traxxas will almost always replace a part that has known problems... like mini servos.

But, I strongly suggest, if your having servos issues, look into an upgraded servo. You can probably sell your mini servo for $10-12 or so... and you can probably pick up one of the ******* metal gear servos that fits for like $17... thats my suggestion. But then again, I didn't ever have a problem with my mini servos at all.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I have had the same problum. I got a new servo and it started working. You can either buy a new servo every time it goes out or get new gears for it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It is not always just gears... especially if it is messing with the ESC like his was.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    got my servo yesterday

nice big box lol thank you traxxas

are the 2080 servos post to have slow transit time for the fisrt couple minutes

RC Qualifier
    I've never had the gears go bad, it's always been the motor inside that fries itself and shorts out (hence the ESC wig-out). The2080's don't seem to like the constant steering inputs that drifting requires.
    The prototype project.

RC Champion
    That camaro is going to blow up they keep holding the throttle like that while spinning. bye bye ESC
    Everything overpowered...