Replacing the Vxl3m. Options

I do not have any intention of going big block in my kybu/rally conversion.

What options are there keeping that in mind to replace the Vxl3m?
    I was looking at the castle Mamba Micro Pro 1/18. Is that enough to push the 380 Velineon on 2s?

Aside from that or just replacing the vxl3m with another what can i look at to fit without any extensive mods or funky mounting brackets.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

nobody? Castle is usually pretty quick responding to emails but im going on 3 days now with no response.

RC Champion
    how to say this the mamba mirco pro 1 18 esc is to small an is sopposd to handle the 1 18 where the car series are the 1 16 meaning the m micro p wont handle the current as good as the stock vxl due to its size as some people consider it a down grade
    for castle creations i'd go with there sv2 esc witch all thought its a 1 10 esc it will handle the current better then the stock vxl resulting in lower temps becuase its meant to handle more
    and cane be mounted to the car ether in the battery box or where the esc is

or if you have more money id recomend the castle m max pro its still a 1 10 scale esc it can up to 6s and for fill enything you need to do to the car and stay cooler then the sv2 esc becuase it can handle more voltage plus the mmp has a built in fan just i case it gets hot

this one will need to be mounted also

theres pictures around here of peoples mounting brackets
    like the kyle bush mmpro'd
    Last edited by reod12x2; 09-28-2011 at 07:59 AM.

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...amba-Max-Pro-d

scroll down to posts nine for the mmax pro mounting bracket

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...arrived-(pics)

heres the what i mean by the putiing the sv2 in the battery box

RC Racer
    Mine is used. It has a sv2 held down with adhesive tape I think. same place the stock esc is. Never cared to replace it is why I don't know. Works fine and you can save that battery box for a battery

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The SV2 or sidewinder ESC is an absolutely perfect choice for use with the stock VXL 380 motor. You can make a mount plate from a plastic sheet to mount the ESC where the stock ESC sits. That way its removable. Or just velcro it... It will stick out past the chassis a tiny bit but its no issue. Ive run sidewinders in my rallys since I got the first one and Im running one now in my big block MERV and its perfect.

Keep in mind, youll need a TRX connector for the battery wires and youll need swap connectors on either the ESC or motor so they match. The VXL system uses 3.5mm bullets on the motor wires and castle uses 4mm... you can also get an adapter... either way, the sidewinder is the right ESC for you.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

1/10 Sidewinder SCT + 3800KV

Is anyone running this combo in theirs? My understanding is the SCT and SV2 are identical with the exception of the sticker.
    The way i look at it is if im gonna spend $110 on a new vxl3m i might as well pony another 40 and get a new combo.

As far as motor choice the 1410 is the better option? what can i expect out of the 3800. too much to little?
    Just starting the BB homework, as i mentioned before i wasn't planning on it.

Mounting required parts is just the new X receiver box and the Brushed traxxas motor mount?

anyone? headed to LHS in a couple hours on teh lunch break. Picking up a bunch of other stuff for my erbe-gt build and i'll pick this up if they have them available.

Reading other threads i think i'll go Sv2/4600 1406 setup.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-01-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: merge

So I went with the SV2/4600. Can I retain stock gearing or should I be looking to change right off the bat.

Gonna see if i have any issues with this setup before i decide on alternate mounting positions.

I have never seen a dye job go so horribly wrong. New wheels will be here next week i hope lol.