RC Enthusiast

Longer battery life in brushed cars.

I have two brushed versions of the 1/16 rally. Both monster cameros. I have two stock traxxas batteries and I am waiting for the parallel connector to be shipped to me. Other than the connector is there any way to get better run time out of the brushed cars? I know they don't have low voltage detection on the xl2.5 so lipo is out. Any after market batteries? The only ones i stumbled on were off brand and I was unsure of them. Maybe a way to add low voltage detection? Its frustration because the run times of my other rc's are much better.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I have run Venorm 1600mah nimh, and am picking up some tenergy 1600mah nimh tomm. they give you a bit more run time. I did have a problem with one venom that my LHS replaced for me and the univsal connectors on the venoms are a PITA. the best this i have found so far is running drift tires... less resistance i guess.
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

I tried installing a LVC in my brushed boss... ESC went poof during the first pull of the throttle.

Parallel with some bigger batteries (nimh) is the only way to get true run time;
    unless you go brushless and lipo.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    dont they make 1800mah packs or are they just 8 cell packs

RC Qualifier
    You can use a LVA ( Low Voltage Alarm). You just plug them into the balance port on your LiPo, and it will buzz when you reach a give voltage.
    This is a signature.

RC poster
    Cars indeed become very important in a fast paced world. Recently, green car maker Fisker declared a "potential safety issue" a week ago, concerning the batteries in some of its Karma models. Friday the business made it public. Fisker will be recalling around 239 cars. A construction error in the battery system may potentially trigger a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recall filing said. Resource for this article: Fisker recalls 239 Karmas over battery issues

I miss where the above has anything to do with the thread??
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.