RC poster

Suspension Stuff

Alright so I just picked myself up a Slayer Pro last week and have been playing with it for a couple days and one of the things I hated about it was the super soft stock suspension setup, at high speed any adjustment in the steering would cause a catastrophic crash no matter how small the adjustment, and I ran the skid plates into the ground pretty hard a couple of times.

Today I installed a sway bar kit, I also refilled the stock shocks with a 50wt oil and replaced the stock yellow/white spring combo with a stiffer green/gold spring combo. Now the springs feel good but I am thinking the 50wt oil MAY have been a bit overzealous on my part as there seems to be too much resistance even with the stiffer springs. I have yet to take it out and test it with the new setup so only time will tell but I was curious as to what the stock oil weight is in the shocks, I am guessing somewhere around 30wt? I may have to redo the oil back to either 30wt or 40wt I am just curious as to what others are running.

Cheers.

RC Racer
    There is a nice suspension set up in the pit pass section. Revo variable rate shock valves and 40wt oil is what he is using

RC Racer
    Also you could try turning your steering sensitivity down

RC Competitor
    30wt is stock on slayer

RC Qualifier
    +1 on both

It took me some time to get mine dialed in. A lot will depend on to if you run a track or open field. Needless to say, running around in an open field you can get away with a lot more.

I did the 4 hole progressive mod to the shock pistons and love them. I'm running 35f and 45r oil. Orange front/green back springs
    Also changed the front caster clips to 2 and 2.

BUUUUUUUUT (*)

This being said I am running 1/8 buggy tires and wheels
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!