RC poster

EZ Peak Charger Question

My wife and I were recently visiting my wife's uncle and in the course of casual conversation he and I started to talk about his myriad RC boats, airplanes, cars etc. I was so interested in them (and he is such a generous guy) that he gave me his Traxxas Slayer which I am just starting to learn more about owning and operating.

One thing he didn't have an extra of was a charger (for the EZ starter battery pack) so he told me that I would need to buy one from my local hobby shop when I got home. I purchased an EZ-Peak quick charger, and the guy at the hobby shop also encouraged me to get a 5 cell battery pack for the receiver. He told me that the EZ-Peak would also charge the receiver battery pack, but now that I have gotten home I see it says in the instructions that I should not charge receiver packs or packs with fewer than 6 cells. I already charged the receiver pack. Do you think it is ok? Can this charger be used to charge my 5 cell receiver pack in the future, or is this a bad idea?

Thanks for your input.

is it the 2amp charger or the other
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    No it is a 4 amp charger.

the 4amp charger is not safe for the rx battery. i would suggest getting the trx power charger designed for rx packs or getting a duratrax onyx charger 100-245 models to charge rx packs. they have built in rx plugs in the front of the charger and are safe to charge rx's. towerhobbies has them in their scrath n dent under field equipment and are good choice's.
    DEU 8:18 ESV