RC poster

Chief's E-Slayer!

Hey everyone. New to this site, not new to the hobby or Traxxas products.
    Anyway. I just completed a Slayer conversion. It was real simple to do. Here are the pictures.
    Started with my Nitro Slayer Pro

And stole the transmission and Mamba Monster out of my E-Maxx and put them on to a brand new E-Revo chassis.

I pulled the front and rears ends off the Nitro truck and put those on the chassis

Throw the motor, wheels, tires and body back on

And here is a small video too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACabyJeQCE

I'm decided to keep the motor mounted like it was in the E-Maxx. This keep more weight over the front of the truck and no wheelies occur. I have not had the ESC fan kick on during operation and I'm running 6S. This is a really simple conversion and I could see Traxxas potentially releasing this, but I don't think they will. At high speed the truck can be a little unstable, but it does handle well, especially in nice soft dirt. Enjoy!

RC Champion
    Looks good! And it looks like you made it all out of parts you already had as well!
    Look, I'm Ken Block! ... Ow.... My head hurts...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash116vxl View Post
    Looks good! And it looks like you made it all out of parts you already had as well!
    I only had to buy the E-Revo chassis and a new center rear drive shift to go from the transmission to the rear diff.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice work Chief, didn't roll it once either
    I'm surprised that Traxxas isn't selling these as RTR models really considering all the parts are directly compatible...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    Nice work Chief, didn't roll it once either
    I'm surprised that Traxxas isn't selling these as RTR models really considering all the parts are directly compatible...
    Thanks Neil. I'm sure Traxxas might. I don't think I'd get any credit for it though. "Oh, we had this in the works for months!" Haha. There are a few more pics at the other forum we frequent. Just wanted the Traxxas peeps to see it.

RC poster
    Here is a little video I threw together quick showing off the E-Slayer getting some pretty nice air!

RC Qualifier
    E-Slayer is a fun truck! Here's some pics and specs on mine right after I finished it, before I set up the suspension (mainly lowering it lol)

MMM/2200kv equipped, Futaba 3PKS Radio, JR 9100T Servo, E-Revo Center Diff with front/rear diff cup and brace, RCM Front/Rear Diff Cases with d8 diffs, KD Center Shafts, Cut Summit Outer Shafts, Buggy sized wheels/tires, Tekno RC Swaybars
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC poster
    Nice T-Bone! I like it. I have those same wheels and tires. Nice to see I'm not to first or only one to think of doing this

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmasterbeast View Post
    Nice T-Bone! I like it. I have those same wheels and tires. Nice to see I'm not to first or only one to think of doing this
    I've seen it done by others as well.

I love the wheels/tires on it. Although my tires are shot now. I've got two more sets of those wheels, with different tires to try out. I call it my sc8e killer.

Toss some Tekno swaybars and a center diff in it, and it will handle like a dream!
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    I've seen it done by others as well.

I love the wheels/tires on it. Although my tires are shot now. I've got two more sets of those wheels, with different tires to try out. I call it my sc8e killer.

Toss some Tekno swaybars and a center diff in it, and it will handle like a dream!
    I will definitely keep that in mind.