RC Qualifier
    in a hole.... with my rustler and an electrical outlet

boss 302 vs rally = drift?

hey guys i as you can tell by my username ........do not own any of the rc's listed above^ :P im debating between the two though and i was wondering if they drift or not? i dont mean slide i mean DRIFT can it go into a slide and be controlled? thanks!

RC poster
    Not in stock. The first thing you want are some real drift tires.
    There are many options. You can buy them (e.g. HPI) or make them yourself (PVC or PE pipe). I prefer a PE-HD pipe.
    The rest is tuning (suspension, diff) and practice

RC Qualifier
    The stang will drift on stock tires, just need to tune the suspension and practice. With the that said it drifts much easier on Drift tires such as hpi t-drifts, or the r2 two part drifts, both of which are basically pvc
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Enthusiast
    The Boss will drift. It also slides, spins, rolls and crashes very nicely. Mine does more sliding and spinning than anything else, since I don't know how to tune or drive it with hard tires yet. Maybe in a year or 2, I'll be able to drift it.

The car's got some sincere go-fast in it, tho. With a 3s and normal tires, it's a rocket. Does wheelies, even!

I'd add one thing to DRV's note: PATIENCE!

RC Enthusiast
    Had mine for about 6 months now and can drift it all day long......takes a lot of practice though. Driving the Traxxas 1/16ths takes a lot of practice AND discipline. These little things are crazy fast!!!

RC Racer
    I have a rally it drifts like mad,no issues with it on stock setup ,very fast can drift the street like a real car,not good for small tight tracks or driving,need good amount of room or you will spin out quickly trying to keep the turning tight,I fly around as if its a full size vehicle and its a beast . Stock tires on the rally are very firm and it slides without issue .

I put a set of carpet tires on my rally,23mm fronts and 33mm rears with some tire gripper and threw it down on my local track,holy wow did it hold onto the track but no power during turns or it would flip,wouldnt drift till about 8 mins of run time when tires were dirty and ready for cleaning. On the street the same tires gave much better grip then stock but still let the car drift,little higher running temp as took more to break the tires loose into drift ,not enough to worry though