RC poster

roll cage for slayer?

i saw some roll cages on some slayers in the gallery and want to know their part # and who makes them ?

Any roll cage made for the Revo will work on a Slayer. If you have the original Slayer you want a Revo 2.5 cage, Slayer Pro Revo 3.3 cage.

RC poster
    thanks. is there any down side to these i dont see alot of trucks with them and they don't cost very much?

Well most people don't see them as a "must have" item. Yes they will help your truck's strength but honestly you'd have to crash a stock truck pretty dang hard to do serious damage. That and they can be hard to work around. In stock form you would have to run your truck off a cliff pretty much to damage it bad enough that a roll cage would help.

RC poster
    makes sense. are they hard to install? thanks for all your help

RC Competitor
    will the revo cage fit under the body of the slayer pro i rolled mine while it was traveling at mach 2 and killed the body

RC Qualifier
    I had one for my T Maxx back in the day. It made the truck heavier. If your just bashing, not a problem, but you will notice some lag at the track. IMO, not needed, but they look cool.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!