RC Racer

stuck in second?

After running my pro hard for about 6 mins it starts to act like its staying in second when taking off. First second or so when applying throttle won't accelerate but it isn't bogging acts like slipper or main clutch is engaging too quickly but doesn't do it when cold or for the first few mins

RC Racer
    Any info would be greatly appreciated

RC Racer
    Ok upon further inspection it seems as the carb slide is sticking only opens throttle about half way then will POP to full open throttle. Anyone seen anything like this?

You may need to adjust the tune. I've found that if the LSN is lean it will keep the tranny in second. There was a pretty big debate about this in the T-Maxx forum.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Ok I'm still fighting this issue. Shifts fine first 5 mins of running but then will intermittently stick in second. The only way to get it to down shift is to make a couple wot runs and let it coast down to a roll. I talked with customer support and they think its in the shift drum. I took the trans apart and inspected the shift drum. The arm extends and retracted as it should. Possible second gear bearing sticking?? I'm lost on this one. Thinking of getting a whole other trans.

RC Racer
    Oh and i tried to adjust the shift point later so it would increase spring tension but it didn't help. Just shifted later and still stuck LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    my solution is to get a spare trans. put the spare one on so that you can enjoy running it again, while figuring out whats wrong with the other trans. just my opinion.
    I bought this as a spare trans for my revo and I open it up and the gears inside looks exactly the same as the stock revo trans, hmmm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/220876502931...84.m1438.l2649

RC Racer
    Well I guess I'm gonna put my red dot on and beat that transmission into submission

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CHADILLAC View Post
    Well I guess I'm gonna put my red dot on and beat that transmission into submission
    haha thts awesome well i quess if she dont work put it out of its misery...... the fun way
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28

RC Racer
    Ya u know what I mean huge jump on asphalt and full throttle landings LOL
    If you're faster today, you won't be tomorrow.

RC Racer
    Post how it turns out!
    1/16 summit vxl/Slayer3.3/T-maxx2.5/HPI savage.28