RC Racer

Blew out Slipper Clutch Shoes!?!?

Hi, the other day I was bashing and noticed that I wasnt gaining any speed, only revving. When I brought the truck in I realized that I blew out two of the three slipper clutch shoes. I was wondering if this has happened to any one else and if so what they decided to do. Put in the stock shoes. Put in the upgraded heavy duty slipper clutch or go aftermarket if their is such a thing.

Thanks

RC Racer
    The stock slipper is the heavy duty and it sounds like a freak occurence. Could be a lot of determining factors such as slipper clutch tension, tire size, gearing, driving conditions. Could be as simple as something getting caught in it as well. I've got 2 gallons on my stock slipper and no wear worth noting

RC Racer
    Ok thanks for the info. I am hoping to get the rebuild kit soon. I have to remove the engine to fix this correct?

RC Racer
    Would be easier to remove the trans. Brake linkage skid plate and drive yolks and u won't have to adjust your mesh

My money is on the slipper being too loose. Also make sure you assemble the washers on the slipper correctly, they should look like this <>. Also a good upgrade that I recently did to my truck was to add the slipper kit that has the aluminum clutch pads on it. Just make sure you rough up the surfaces before assembly.

RC Competitor
    it happend to me to the only thing to do is buy new clutch shoes

RC Qualifier
    Happened to me too. You bash enough and things you wouldn't expect to fail, start to fail. I just used the stock ones. Especially if you are just bashing and not racing...the stocks are cheaper and the chances of that happening again any time soon are slim.
    If you can't beat it....destroy it!

RC Racer
    Why do you have to rough up the surfaces before assembly with the aluminum shoes?

RC poster
    Just orderred a rebuild kit...mine flew out too... new to this and can't get enough!!!