RC Competitor

Lipo RunTimes for SLASH VXL on ASPHALT

How much run time will I get running my SLASH VXL with stock 23/86 gearing on ASPHALT for the following:

Lipo 2s 7.4v 5800mAh 25c?
    Lipo 2s 7.4v 4000mAh 25c?
    Lipo 2s 7.4v 3300mAh 25c?

I would like to upgrade from the 7 cell nihm(getting a good twenty minutes of run time) nihm to a lipo without over heating my Slash VXL 3500 Velineon motor. I would like to have good asphalt speed without worrying if I'm over doing the motor. If you all could....please help with runtimes and proper gearing options. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RC Champion
    It just depends on how hard your driving. I would add about 5-10 minutes over your Nimh's run time for ever lipo size increase you show above.
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Competitor
    Oh okay Bob! Thanks! What about gearing? Would I need to change my gearing from a 23/86 to maybe a 19/86 to keep my 3500 Velineon brushless cool once I put the 2s lipo back in??? I'm still learning the ins and outs of gearing. What I needed was a better start off the line and coming out of corners. What do you think, maybe even a as low as a 16/92???? Please help me out! Lol! I'm wrecking my brain over here trying to figure out how!

RC Champion
    You will gain run time with a 2s pack over 7 cell nimh due to lighter weight and the lipo being able to maintain its voltage under load, this is considering the same MAH. all the amperage in the world doesn't matter it it cannot keep the volts up. Watts (power) = volts x amps.

onroad you should get some street tires as they are usually lighter (again more runtime/acceleration) as wella s better grip and wear.

I was always very happy with 25/86 with stock tires on 2s with the VXL.

I currently have my slash 2wd setup for on road. STRC LCG kit, 30 series road rages, bettle body, and a 3800 SCT system (28/83 on 2s, 23/83 on 3s)
    Pay It Forward.