RC Racer

Question Mamba XL for ERBE, logical or insane?

Hello,

I've been noticed that someone has converted his ERBE into "Beast Edition" means he changed the Mamba Monster ESC to Mamba XL ESC, But what is the real distinction between the 6s ERBE and the converted-8s-ERBE ? I mean does it worth to convert it into a Mamba XL version? how much horsepower does it add to the R/C model?
    Sorry for my bad English!

RC Competitor
    the answer that pops to my mind is NO lol the drivetrain just will not be able to hold up to 8s, we struggle with drivetrain problems just on 6s with the ERBE lol

The XL has a data logger.

Edit: If the search would work I would find his thread.
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-19-2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    No need to search, I have the link:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...7-Mamba-XL-8s)

EDIT: But does the XL one bring more fun than Mamba monster ( I mean with E-REVO)?
    Last edited by D@nooshTRX; 09-19-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Bingo & I spent all that time & you all ready had it.. funny..... JMO No just over kill. He has an awsome truck.
    MMM & 2200kv or a 1800kv & 2/3s is plenty of power, to break parts. Remember the faster you go, the harder you drive the more you can break.

But if you like the data loger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The main advantage isn't so much having a more 'powerful' setup, but the ability to run a high voltage setup, with a rather low kv motor. HV setups are naturally much more efficient as current draw is greatly reduced, so you get more runtime from the same mah packs ( or the same runtime from, smaller packs ), and lower temps too. The only real downside is the need to run a pair of 4s packs ( or a 4s and 3s ), so fitting them can be tricky & the esc is kinda large.

Useful for doing speedruns too without cooking the electronics quite so quickly..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Bingo & I spent all that time & you all ready had it.. funny..... JMO No just over kill. He has an awsome truck.
    MMM & 2200kv or a 1800kv & 2/3s is plenty of power, to break parts. Remember the faster you go, the harder you drive the more you can break.

But if you like the data loger.
    Well... Seems the MMM is better for ERBE... well I don't have an ERBE... Seems it is better to wait till Traxxas kicks up a 1/5 ERBE.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    The main advantage isn't so much having a more 'powerful' setup, but the ability to run a high voltage setup, with a rather low kv motor. HV setups are naturally much more efficient as current draw is greatly reduced, so you get more runtime from the same mah packs ( or the same runtime from, smaller packs ), and lower temps too. The only real downside is the need to run a pair of 4s packs ( or a 4s and 3s ), so fitting them can be tricky & the esc is kinda large.

Useful for doing speedruns too without cooking the electronics quite so quickly..
    Thanks for your useful information

Well... Seems the MMM is better for ERBE... well I don't have an ERBE... Seems it is better to wait till
    Traxxas kicks up a 1/5 ERBE.

I am hoping too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I love a good high voltage setup, I've watched BL Bob run several vehicles on 12s. Fun stuff to experiment with, but not for the novice user.

12s is getting to be dangerous with all the voltage, you should hear the pop it makes when being plugged in.

With regards to the XL, there's no "need" for it at all. The MMM provides plenty of power on its own, but for guys that can make use of the data logging, the XL could be fun.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I am hoping too.
    But honestly, the 1/8 ERBE I think is big enough... .
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post
    I love a good high voltage setup, I've watched BL Bob run several vehicles on 12s. Fun stuff to experiment with, but not for the novice user.

12s is getting to be dangerous with all the voltage, you should hear the pop it makes when being plugged in.

With regards to the XL, there's no "need" for it at all. The MMM provides plenty of power on its own, but for guys that can make use of the data logging, the XL could be fun.
    Yes... I agree with you... I think 6S is perfectly enough for any R/C car in 1:10 and/or 1:8 scale and more than enough for the smaller models such as TRX MERV (TRaxXas Mini E-ReVo). (In my opinion, though.)
    Last edited by D@nooshTRX; 09-20-2011 at 11:31 AM.

RC poster
    yes it scary the spark wen it plug in, i use a resistance or capacitor even with 6s now , MGM site will tell you the good name.
    I run 12s so far on my 1/4 scale dragster it a rush..
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati777 View Post