RC Competitor

1/16 2s 2200 traxxas lipo/for revo

well first i will say i didnt know what to expect.this is my first lipo purchase,and why not try the new traxxas lipos.i admit they are a little pricey.compared to spc lipos,which i will be buying from them real soon for all my trucks.now i will say im very impressed with the performance and power of lipos.i ran one pack for somewhere around 20 minutes,lvd did not kick in yet i was satisfied with the test run and called it a day.the battery was slightly warm,my nimhs are always super hot after they die in 7 or 8 minutes..lol.i couldnt believe i could do wheelies on just a single 2 cell...just insane...lipo user for life now...

question~~~~~~

when and why should i discharge a lipo battery?

how soon should i charge the lipo after a run?

and is it ok if a fully charged lipo is stored( not used) for a few days or longer?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Never, under normal circumstances. The only time you would need to is when you charged them fully, but then aren't able to use them within 2-3 days. In which case, use your charger's discharge function and set the end voltage at ~3.85v per cell.

If you plan to use them again soon, then within a few hours at most- lipos shouldn't be left 'empty' for very long as they will self discharge over long periods ( low voltage lipos can be revived quite often, but it makes life difficult on yourself as the charger will not want to play ball, and the life span of the lipo will be reduced ).

Not really, they should be left partially charged if you don't plan to use them for more than 2-3 days; most chargers will have a storage-charge mode of some sort for lipos which terminates the charge when each cell is at 3.85v or there abouts. It is best practice and helps the packs last longer ( cells left fully charged will end up with corroded terminals inside the cells, bad for performance and safety ).
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Competitor
    Thanks.Darkness.

RC Champion
    I have the same setup, I have questions about charging.

What should the amps be set at? On the side of the battery it has 2.2min and 4.4max, isn't there a formula for figuring this out?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I new to the electric rides and trying to get a good understanding of the batteries and Lipos.
    Revo 2.5R T-Maxx 2.5
    1/16 Revo VXL QR-1 and DR-1